Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:evil: I've had my car for 3 weeks now, and in the last week I've noticed a new vibration that sounds like its coming from the left of the driver's seat, just behind or next to my ear when I'm driving. Its a short vibration that goes straight up my spine and gives me the chills!!! I can't identify where its coming from because I never know when its going to happen and it isn't sustained. Its like somebody turns on an electric razor right next to my ear and then turns it off right away. By the time I turn my head its gone!

I was thinking it might be the rear passenger window on the driver side or the speaker on the door. I've tried turning the radio off to see if it still happens but I haven't been able to tell. I'm going to drive home today with no radio on to see if it happens (thats going to be tough with an hour commute).

Has anybody experienced this...better yet, has anybody identified where this is coming from or solved it? If I can't figure it out soon, I'm going back to the dealer, but its going to be one of those things that you can't really explain or identify, and I'll have to hope it happens when I have the dealer in the car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I haven't yet experienced this but I've only had my Element since Saturday afternoon. I'll keep an ear out for it, though.

Have you tried looking at the seatbelts? I know that on my Ranger the seatbelt for the driver side jump seat would sometimes vibrate against the plastic thing that held the seat on and cause an annoying sound sort of the type of what you described. It could also just be something loose somewhere that the wind has to hit *just right* to cause it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Do you have the door visors? Mine made a noise right after they were installed. Or maybe it's your ear drum drumming.... :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Noticed it this morning actually... only when certain frequencies were present on the radio. It seems that one of the plastic panels (I suspect the small one on the door above the lock button) is loose enough to vibrate with certain tones. No biggie... certainly isn't constant, and if I've got the stereo up loud enough to make it happen, I don't really hear it anyway. :D

Drew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts