Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:81fcde45c4="emackulint"]http://www.freewebs.com/rblclan/cojacbio2.htm[/quote:81fcde45c4]

Dude, those are the blurriest pictures I've ever seen. :(

Any chance you have some clearer ones? I'd love to see that head unit clearly especially since it looks like you have the pocket above the radio. :D

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I am having an Eclipse CD 8443 installed on Monday "thanks to EMass for the suggestion from one of your links there was a noticable difference compared to the Alpine I was going for"

Anyway what i am asking is if you had an EX did you do a complete rewire or did you just simply bypass the amp. I am getting smoke blown up my *** by installers about the whole "keeping the stock sub and amp running off the preouts from a new deck theory" Did you do this and how. I would do the install my self but if I want the theft warranty from Eclipse they need to show labor. Later on I will then wire up the Aux jack and deal with the sub on my own. Any Info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Emackulint:

Holy big photos, Batman! Glad I've got DSL.

No, seriously, question for you and for anyone who has a head unit that has a drop-down face--

Have you found that this interferes with the air conditioning/heating control knobs?

And, if I understood EMass' comment right - the pocket usually goes *under* not *over* the head unit, so this might not always be a factor. But I'm curious.

Still deciding what exactly to buy. I'm horribly picky about how things like that look. Buttons and busy graphics and such make me want to hurl.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Your installer can place the pocket either above or below your head unit--your choice. As for using the amp and subwoofer that comes with the EX, is you have a good installer they should be able to incorporate those into the system.

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:6edb0b6fbd="pedsflightrn"]Your installer can place the pocket either above or below your head unit--your choice. As for using the amp and subwoofer that comes with the EX, is you have a good installer they should be able to incorporate those into the system.[/quote:6edb0b6fbd]

Peds is exactly right. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote:d68468b0e7="emackulint"]http://www.freewebs.com/rblclan/cojacbio2.htm[/quote:d68468b0e7]

Where's the "clear" part?

:?:

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:ef7e648617="Jonathan Babiak"][quote:ef7e648617="emackulint"]http://www.freewebs.com/rblclan/cojacbio2.htm[/quote:ef7e648617]

Where's the "clear" part?

:?:[/quote:ef7e648617]

Originally, he had posted some very blurry photos. These are "clear". :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
that is a really good "why didn't I think of that" idea (putting the pocket above the stereo). I am going to pull out my head unit this weekend and switch it with the pocket.
I have this head unit (below) and it gets old reaching for the remote control every time I want to adjust the volume. and I didn't want to attach that wierd no-look remote to the steering wheel that Sony offers. Oh and it's kind of hard to see the readout when it is open and way up there on the dash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts