Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so today i was driving along and deicded to just mess around and put it to the floor i went through first and second and then let off * i have a manual* now bout 3 mins later after pullling away from a stop light i heard a werid clicking noise and everytime i shift up it gets louder and its really scary i need this car for work ANY IDEAS

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
ok so today i was driving along and deicded to just mess around and put it to the floor i went through first and second and then let off * i have a manual* now bout 3 mins later after pullling away from a stop light i heard a werid clicking noise and everytime i shift up it gets louder and its really scary i need this car for work ANY IDEAS
....ehhhmmmm, for future reference.....

DON'T EF UP YOUR WORK CAR BY FLOGGING THE CRUD OUT OF IT!!!

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
That it gets louder coincident with up-shifts, I'm edu-guessing you broke something in your transmission. I would drain the transmission oil and check the magnet on the drain plug for hunks of formerly-working parts.

It sounds to me like it's going to be an expensive lesson in not thrashing your primary car.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It does sound like you have chipped a tooth in the Transmission. If that is true get a bore scope and you might be able to see what has happened inside. Fill out your profile so we know where you live ect. All it takes is one bad shift to do some damage.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If thats all you did it was broke to start with:shock: but now it's telling youit's broke.does it do it with the clutch pedel on the floor and the car stoped in gear? that would tell you it's the engine,broke valve spring/rocker,bent valve,belt coming apart etc.if not then it's from the trans to the tires. and floging your ride wont hurt it if it's built good.if it's junk it will break. my old street car with a v8 13.8 to1 cr .640 lift roller cam ran 8000+ rpm many times a day every day with only ex valves, bearing& ring change(& gaskets)every 7 years. the only thing that suffers is tires,gas,tickets,wife. if you miss a shift or over rev or abuse it ,then thats another thing all togeather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts