Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving around 75 mph a noise comes from the right side of the dashboard. At frist I thought it might have something to do with the cabin filters so i took them out and it still made the noise.None of the dashboard controls seem to make a diffrence.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Try turning on the recirc and see if it changes and if not look at the right windshield molding on the outside as they come loose a lot on these and will cause a buzzing sound. If thats it hit it down lightly and see if the noise goes away. The clips are cheap at the dealor.

·
Registered
895 Posts
It sounds like the windshield seal issue, I had it on mine. Though I thought is was only on the '03-'04 Elements. You should be able to take it to the dealer and have it sealed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine was the wipers. The original or when you buy the ones with the metal bridges and hinges. They'd rattle and vibrate badly at higher speeds.
I switched to the flat blades and the prob went away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Buzzing from the dash.

I have a 2008 with the same problem. Intermittent mid pitch buzz at 50 - 70 mph. Seems to be coming from the area of the dash.. Sounds like the ddzzzttt of a large mosquito. My 87 civic did the same thing before the speedo cable snapped, but the Element doesn't have a speedo cable.
I took it to the dealer, who said it wouldn't make the noise during the 5 mile test ride. Now I'm stuck with a buzzing car still under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Buzz lightyear

Thanks for the info. After posting I showed the posts to my SO who promptly reminded me that we had had our windshield replaced just before th buzz began...DUH!! I went out and checked the windshield frame panels. Sure enough, both are loose. I punched in the right and it is now tight, but the left is still loose and can be easily removed by pulling on it. I think this is the culprit.
I will take it in to the dealer tomorrow and point this out.
Now I can see the headach that the dealer will say it is Autolites responsibility and Auto lite will defer to the dealer...yadayadyada!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts