Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have loved the Honda Element for a long time, and dreamed of getting one. Never feeling quite like I was ready to make the investment in a new car, I comforted myself by saying that I would get one when Honda made it in white or as a hybrid. A few weeks ago, I drove by my local Honda dealer at night, and thought I saw a white Element. The next afternoon, went to check it out. While it was not white, it was a color that I loved. (An elusive color, no doubt --- robin's egg blue? pale sage green? light dove grey?) The salesman came up and I explained to him that this was MY car, but I could not buy it right now. Well...... they were gentle with me and eased me right into driving my new Element off the lot by the next afternoon. I am so happy! The dogs are quite happy, as well, though they would prefer back windows that rolled down instead of opening out. (That has been the only drawback I've found.) We've put about 700 miles in it so far --- and I look forward to thousands more adventurous miles with the pups and me in our Element!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
NICE! You will like it even more, the more you drive it.
Yes, it is a great dog vehicle, as for the rear windows, thats not an issue with my lab...she sits up front. :shock:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, we've sort of resolved the window issue, too --- in the same manner as you. I took the headrest off the passenger seat, moved the back of the seat down so that it evenly meets the back seat and forms an L-shaped area for the dogs. I leave the window on that side down so they can sniff out the window to their noses' content! What a joy to have canine companions riding shotgun! (Below is a pic of my Lab, Amos, and his 'sister,' Daisy, behind the Element on our second day together.)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Welcome to the cult! Thanks for filling out your profile and posting pictures. The second one is very much appreciated by us E/dog lovers! Enjoy your E, I know your pups are already enjoying it a lot.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! After discovering the EOC, I was excited about sharing pics of my new car with folks who share a love for this amazing vehicle! And I'm really happy to be able to read what other Element dog people have to say. (Love the leaf blower idea for cleaning out excess dog hair!) Soon, I hope to post more pictures of how I'm outfitting my car as a dog car. It's fun!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Profile: CHECK!
Picture: CHECK!

PicsO'Pups: DOUBLE CHECK!

Awesome start to your stay here...! Welcome and *uh-hem*...

May s/he provide you with many years of service and enjoyment...!

LBD

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hooray! I just got my Element, too! So far, my dog has just hung out in the back, but I like the idea for giving your guys access to the front window. I'd love to see pics of that set up, just for fun! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats on your new E! I bought the same colored one last month - it was my dream car/dog car, too :) I had to drive 125 miles to see the color in person. When I saw it, I knew it had to be mine!

People always ask me what color my E is. When I say it's "Omni Blue Pearl," they go "What?" and say it looks white or pale green. Someone even said "I must be color blind, because I just don't see blue in it!" :?

Anyways... I just love everything about my new car - it makes me so happy :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DogMom5 --- Yay for "OBP"! But I think that name does nothing to describe the color of our Elements. It really IS an elusive, and beautiful, color!

Jeannine --- Oh, yes, you'll have to change the setup of your Element so your co-pilot can ease on up beside you AND the open window! :)
It just so happens that I took quite a few pictures while on our adventure(s) today.... I think I may need to figure out how to create an album, now!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe I forgot to upload the pics in my previous post?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Water Bowl for the Dogs

Can you tell I'm excited about - and having fun - with my new Element? One of the first things I thought when I test-drove my E-to-be was that the 'well' behind the cupholders (remember I have an LX) was perfect for a gallon jug of water and the dog bowl. And it is! Here are pictures of Amos and Daisy making full use of their convenient Life is Good water bowl!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Too cool...! Nice setup CM...! Great pics...! Keep up the good work...!

LBD

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats!

And this has to be my favorite color so far. If it was available when we bought ours a few years back then I would have insisted on this color.

·
Registered
155 Posts
my dog wrigley is the same. i wished the back windown did roll down also, but so far, he has coped by standing on the backseat and sniffing the air as it comes in.

nice bowl btw, life is good is a favorite of mine.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Love that color.........other wordly...........mysterious. Have seen it once or twice and had to do a double take. Would never have guessed the name. May you have many happy dog miles in your new E. I have 115K of dog travel so far and loving every minute! Good pics. Good pups

·
Registered
645 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and I dig the color! I haven't seen it in person but from what I can see on this post and others it would be the color for me. Welcome to the club!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts