Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay maybe I was a bit of a dork before, but please tell me I am not the only one that now has uncontrolable reflex reactions to wave, honk, give the peace sign, and in general get all excited at the sight of another E driving down the road???

Are all E drivers like this? My husband says "Calm down ya dork!"

I have had other E owners wave back, but I feel as if I can't control myself....it is a total reaction!

Please someone tell me I am not the only one!

·
Registered
92 Posts
You're not alone. I've been doing that too. To be honest, I was surprised by the lack of response from the other E owners. About 50% wave back. The rest give me a "What the *#$& is your problem" look back. But, since I do most of my driving in Massachusetts, that is not a surprise. No offense to our other New England members :) I'll keep waving for the good 50%.

Regards,
SOL

·
Registered
894 Posts
Well, unfortunately to some people the "E' is just a conveyance. It's as if they haven't grokked it yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There should be a warning or something that people need to sign before they can buy an E.

"Warning: Owning this vehicle will make you the center of attention. You are required to be friendly and outgoing if you plan to operate this vehicle!"

·
Registered
273 Posts
>>>>>>Are all E drivers like this<<<<<<<

diane,,, most of us are pretty normal... but there are a few,(like those that posted in this thread)... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's so funny that advertisers spend millions to create car advertisements to make us think that their car creates:

sexiness
coolness
prestige
safety
comfort

but in reality the Honda Element seems to be creating

exuberance
friendliness
pride in being a geek
happy dorkiness
rugged individuality!

LOL! We're wild young bohemians! Wheeeeeeeee!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, do I feel better. I thought it was just me. We picked up our E on Wednesday & put about 800 miles on it last weekend running visiting the kids at school. I got one wave returned. My wife & kids think I have totally lost it. They hoped it would cure my mid-life crisis. (I think itis making it worse)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
diane,,, most of us are pretty normal...
Kevy.....I would hardly call you NORMAL....ya cocky......ummmm well you know! <evil laugh> :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
But what do I care what they think...Matter of fact, two of them have gone and got their own Elements. I've always waved at other motorists with boats on top of their vehicles to a 50/50 mix - looks of indifference vs. waves back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Me too, I want to wave at the other E's - I have seen 3-4 in my town - but the drivers don't look as happy as I am! I have this big, stupid grin when I just think about driving my E.

How do you use the little Emoticons? :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am walking my dogs the other day and the only other Element in town come driving up as I am crossing the street. I put on my biggest smile and give them a thumbs up. I did not even get a smile. It was a hot day and they had the air on so no window was down but stilll...gee... Couldn't they tell I was an E owner as well? I was less than happy with these folks, they would not even look at me. I take time to show my car off whenever someone asks, but these guys were total snobs.

I feel better now, I needed to get that off of my chest.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jnes....

deep clensing breaths......breathe in....breathe out....now look at yourself in the mirror and repeat after me.....

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough....and gosh darn it people like me"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Owning an E does make you Dork-E !!! Instantaneously, even! I've had mine less than 48 hours and have already confirmed transformation (well, I imagine I didn't have all that far to go to begin with....)

I have been looking around for a while to see any Es at work..so I could ogle, of course, but haven't seen any at all ...at least in the parking lots near my building...and we're talking LOTS of cars. Then this morning. only the 2nd morning I drive it to work, I'm pulling inot the parking lot, and behind me is a SMM E! (I am SOP)

I go to a pull through spot, and he follows and pulls in right behind me ( I imagine they're out there making fast friends!). I'm waving before I even get out of the car, and pop out practically before it's completely stopped!!!

Of course I tell him, 'Nice car! hee hee" and he says, "You, too..and the ususaly chit chat, how much you love it, how long, I almost got that color, etc, etc, blah blah (I imagine the ususal exchange between E drivers)...he's had his since Jan and loves it (of course!). He said his only complaint is a crack in his windshield,. I helpfully mentioned this site, and that I thought that there was a service bulletin..he should check it out. He thinks it was from a rock on the highway, but it looks like it's snaking up from the bottom of the glass....he thanked me for the info, said he would check it out, and told me to have a good day, and enjoy me E.

OK, waaayyyy looong...sorry! He was my first (time meeting another E owner, that is)...obviously, I have fallen over the precipice into complete Dork-E-ness...and plan to enjoy every minute of it! It's a GREAT place to be!

Enjoy!
Christine Dork SuprEme (hee hee)

·
Registered
540 Posts
ChristinE's Dork-E Confessions made me giggle.

And you know the perfect accessory for your E -

an ElementOwnersClub.com sticker.

I have mine --- but I don't have my E yet! Soon. (Counting days!)

·
Registered
66 Posts
the other day, my wife was driving down the road in our gg element. a guy in an sop element waved and started laughing. i guess it's like a cult. lol

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just got back from the town library. When I was walking toward the library door, an older gentleman asked me how I liked my car. I gave the standard "I love it" response. He then told me that he had bought an E also! (He was driving a library van.)

So, of course, exchange of specifics followed (color, transmission, etc), and he told me he was having the most fun driving that he'd had for 40 years!

I told him about the club, and mentioned that there was talk of a Virginia meet later this summer, so I hope he joins.

E => making friends whereever I go

Kristi
SOP EX AWD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whoah, i really thought i was the only one that got excited when i saw Other E's on the road. I've had mine a month, and 2 people on my same street already bought one. COPYCATS!!! LOL.. it seems that since i got mine i see them almost everywhere now. i can't help but get excited. I have to say my E has definately helped me get some Attention from guys and gotten a few telephone numbers too! LOL One was even on the highway in traffic from a fellow E owner. I guess Being a 24 single female, has its Ups after all.

SOP EX :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have found myself doing all of these things too! Everyone I have waved to have been just as excited as I am though. I was leaving Circuit City the other day and saw a couple in an E and I started franticaly waving and the girl got this pissy look on her face like I was hitting on her boyfriend, but he understood and waved back! lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts