Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a problem with squesking coming from the back especially when going over bumps?!?

Mine began squeaking like a doggie chew toy last week and has not stopped since. :(

->eMass

·
Registered
253 Posts
I heard some squeaking also, but I thought it was coming from my cargo holder. Guess not :(

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote:33956b9208="burnt-O"]I heard some squeaking also, but I thought it was coming from my cargo holder. Guess not :([/quote:33956b9208]

Firmly shutting the back cargo doors helped quite a bit - thanks! But I still hear small squeaks now an then.

Any other ideas - I dont have a cargo holder. :wink:

Best,
->eMass

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote:1f23dd3a37="coachk"]Mine squeek was caused by the spare tire screw-down. Just needed a half a turn. So far so good.[/quote:1f23dd3a37]

Coachk - I think you might have nailed it - I removed my spare not too long ago to scope out room for a subwoofer enclosure. I can't remember if that's when the squeak started though.

I'll tighten that up and see if it does the trick.

Thanks,
->eMass

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone!

I'm a new Element owner and I love the car. However, I have two annoying concerns, please help: I have a terrible vibration or squeak coming from the front drivers' side windshield. It seems to be right on the seam from the plastic pillar to dash :?: Second, my brake pedal sounds like it is going to pop off each and every time I take my foot off the brake pedal. I have the AWD EX (auto). Any thoughts would be highly appreciated. I have not yet tried the dealer, didn't want to seem dumb. :oops:

Thanks,
J

·
Registered
338 Posts
Mine squeaked, but a mousetrap solved that problem

:D Luckily, I haven't had any persistent rattles or squeaks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
wldcntry,

There are currently a few threads running about A-pillar and brake noise. Most were only resolved by a dealer visit. I would make an appointment. There is no reason to feel like an idiot when taking a percieved quality issue with a new product to the dealer. If they make you feel like an idiot, report them to Honda, then find another dealer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
wldcntry, I also have an AWD EX. I have heard that same noise come and go, but never the brake problem. I did experience that on my husband's new Dodge Ram, though, a little "pop" when you let off the brake slowly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
:lol: Thanks to all who replied to my inquiry about the a-pillar and brake noise. I will make a service appointment ASAP. I'll keep you posted on what happens just in case anyone else runs into my troubles :cry:

Thanks again!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My EX 4WD was at the dealer yesterday so they could install the Honda alarm/keyless. They also took a look for that annoying rattle in the dash (driver's side). After taking apart the A pillar trim and looking beneath the dash, they weren't able to identify the problem. Then they looked under the hood at the closest corner to the driver's side windshield, and they found something loose related to the hood/hinge and tightened it up. Sounded peculiar to me when they explained this... how could something in the engine compartment/hood be causing a noise clearly perceived to be coming from the dash. Anyway, haven't had a chance to really test for the noise again on our bumpy San Francisco roads, but will keep folks posted on the issue. Hopefully, it's truly gone!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Rattles and squeeks can be a very very tough and frustrating thing to track down. However, in theory, a new car should not have any. However a rattle under the hood can indeed track up and sound like it is coming from the dashboard. Give it a good test ride and let us know your findings.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, as it turns out the rattle at the dash is still there, although not as loud as it was previously. So whatever they identified as the problem in the engine compartment was not the sole contributor. I swear it's really coming from just beneath the dash. I'm going to bring it back to another dealer for them to take a look at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
SF Honda H2

Keep us posted on what another dealer finds. Mine is at the dealer as I write this. Hope I have better luck than you seem to have had. I'll keep everyone posted. :wink:

·
Registered
79 Posts
RE: the squeak: I have one too; more like a "creak" really, It's coming from the back of the car somewhere and is related to going over soft bumps. It is worse when the weather is hot for some reason (swelling?). I tried tightening the spare...no luck. I took everything out of the car in case it was something I did. NOT. Took it to the dealer who said to leave it so they could drive it 30 miles to check out the noise(NO WAY!). I'd ratrher live with the squeak! Last time I left it with them it came back with all the radio controls cranked-up to the max and salsa music nearly blew me out of the car! :roll:

·
Registered
261 Posts
sf honda h2-
i just bought an element (yay!) from sfhonda and i noticed that i also have a rattle in the dash when i drive over anything bumpy (like all of hw 101). i was wondering where you had taken in your E for service of the rattle and what they had said and done. i have also noticed that there is a TSB (tech service bulletin) for the windshield and some people think that the dash rattle is the result of windshield tapping against something metal (which causes it to crack, hence the TSB). if you could post which dealers you have tried and what the results were that would be great! thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts