Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if this has been posted before, I truly couldn't find it.
PROBLEM: I drove 2 hours Sunday to visit a friend. Ten minutes after getting there, I went to move my car. The car would not start and my alarm was going off, sparatically. I eventually took my battery to a local store and they said it was beyond dead. I bought a new battery, and the car still won't start. I had it towed to my house yesterday, and the battery is already dead.
CRAZY FACTS: I apparently have a Code Alarm, it was installed at the dealer but they had told me they removed it, because I didn't want it (which they didn't). I have never heard the alarm go off before. I don't know what model it is.

Anyone have any suggestions? I live 77 miles from the nearest Honda dealer (in a little redneck town, that probably hasn't even heard of Code Alarm)
and this girl needs her E back !!!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It sounds like you have ether a main fuse thats blown. That would be in the black box behind the battery or have a bad connection at the battery. You would have a hell of a drain in the system if its killing the battery that fast. Electrical is a hard thing to diagnose without looking at it.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Your profile is blank :)mad:) so I'll give you two options that come to mind:

1. Your new under warranty E should go to a Honda dealer (any local one is fine) let them figure it out.

2. No factory warranty? Go to the nearest electronics/alarm install place. Even if it isn't the alarm causing the problem, they should prolly be able to diagnose/fix the issue if it is electrical in nature.

Welcome, and good luck!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Sounds like they just left the alarm and kept the remotes rather than removing the alarm, especially if the siren on the alarm was going off. Usually they leave the wiring and take the alarm brain back out if you don't want it with the car but I wouldn't put anything past them. That would lead me to think that the starter cutout on the alarm has activated. Along with something that is drawing the battery way down.
Is the dealer that you bought it from the one that is closest to you?
I'd recommend calling them and seeing what they say. They may be able to walk you through bypassing the alarm or cover towing it in to them.
Another Honda dealer wouldn't be able to cover any work around the alarm under warranty since it isn't a Honda alarm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FIXED: My E just died

You guys are the best !!! Thank You. This morning I called the dealer, I asked what model code alarm they install in their vehicles. I was told they didn't know, the alarm guy does that and he is only here Thursdays. I asked well what literature do you give a customer who buys a vehicle, was told there was no one there to answer that question (this is a major auto dealership). I was then told that there is NO WAY the alarm could be the problem and to have my car towed down to them (77 miles), but if it does happen to be an issue with the alarm it would not be covered because it is aftermarket. I even called the COde Alarm people to try to identify, I emailed them pics but haven't heard back.

Anyways, I spent 4 hours removing the code alarm, I reconnected an original wire that had been cut and the car starts. I have a 4pm appointment to take it to a local shop to have a look over. But at least I can drive it there. Not bad for a girl !!!

PS- I will update my profile, I was just in a rush to post.

You guys ROCK !!!:D

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Not bad... period. :wink:

Congrats....was this yer first "mod"?
nice work, but you're not quite done yet.
you need to put the alarm system into a bag and put a brick into a larger bag. bring both to the dealer that sold the E. ask them to reimburse you for your time to remove the alarm they were supposed to have removed for you.
if they pay you, you give them the smaller bag. if they don't, you put the smaller bag into the larger bag.
and then you throw the bag thru the largest window you can find in the dealer's showroom.

<grin>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts