Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly, just a few nights ago, I was in an accident in my Element. the damage was pretty severe- although the pictures don't show it too well, I lost my front wheels, and almost the front axle. I was unconscious during it all (no I wasn't drunk... I spontaneously lost consciousness), so I have to recollection of what happened. All of the airbags deployed, and I was left unharmed, with barely a bruise.

I will miss my element dearly, as it was my first car, and I really loved it. I will never forget that it really did save my life.

RIP 2010 Element EX (2010-6/15/13)

You will be dearly missed. Thank you for saving my life!

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear and glad you're OK.
Plans for replacement?
Not at this point.... actually, I can't drive for a year, due to medical problems...

I managed to salvage some parts, including the trunk privacy cover, the center console cooler, all of the speakers, and the stereo I put in myself.

I plan to make a "tribute" speaker tower with the speakers, and the rest will go up for sale.

·
Registered
22 Posts
the reason why you escaped without much damage was due to being unconscious. Usually when people are about to get into an accident they tense up and try to brace the impact. My friend fell asleep while driving and hit everything but the lottery, but because she had her seat steeply reclined she slid under the dash during the accident. Plus she wasn't wearing a seat belt!
Good to see you able to post on here again. good luck on the next E

·
Registered
477 Posts
great news

Glad you are okay. That's all that matters. The E has earned some of the highest marks for safety from the IIHS. This is a good example. Drive safe and sane folks.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
In 2010 I broadsided a Ford Expedition in the dead of night, never saw the blacked out intersection, never saw the truck pull out, never touched the brakes going 50 mph, the speed limit on that strech of road. The police report stated, "some front-end damage." I walked away without as much as a schuff or a bruise, not even my glasses broke. Next day I was looking for another ELEMENT. They are built like tanks, the best value in the Honda line-up!
Both my frontwheels looked as if they had not even been knocked out of alignment....

·
Registered
599 Posts
In 2010 I broadsided a Ford Expedition in the dead of night, never saw the blacked out intersection, never saw the truck pull out, never touched the brakes going 50 mph, the speed limit on that strech of road. The police report stated, "some front-end damage." I walked away without as much as a schuff or a bruise, not even my glasses broke. Next day I was looking for another ELEMENT. They are built like tanks, the best value in the Honda line-up!
Both my frontwheels looked as if they had not even been knocked out of alignment....
That's because the Expedition is made out of balsa wood and aluminum foil, except for the frame which is made out of depleted uranium to make up for the lack of mass in the body :grin:

I've had my E since it was brand new in 2005 and have since gotten a significant increase in salary (more than double) so my budget for a vehicle would allow me to get pretty much anything I want, but I have kept my E because it's so incredibly durable and safe. I've got two kids and I can't imagine driving them around in anything else.

That's not to say I haven't treated myself to a vehicular purchase of the recreational type...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts