Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
the wheels look good. but for me, with the shifter, i would probably end up punching the dash and radio every time i shifted. But other than that, it looks good too

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
looks good man. glad you went for it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i like the rims. not too fond of the shifter.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I like the radio, shifter looks kind of out of place/unfinished. Maybe if it was black. OTOH I'm not the one who has to like it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The shifter is unfinished. Originally I was making it for my GSR & wanted to test it in the Element. But I liked the way it felt in my E so I am going to have to make another one for. I'm gonna paint it but I have a cpl more ideas I want to try before I get to painting.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
The wheels good, the shifter is butt ugly !

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
The wheels good, the shifter is butt ugly !
I agree.

[Edit]I just wanted to clarify my response:

I think the wheels look really cool. I've always liked colored wheels (anything but silver!) with polished rims. Classy.

The shifter leaves me cold as I think the Element's stock shifter is one of the best I've ever found in a FWD vehicle. Extending the length of the shifter to increase the throw just seems wrong. But if you like it... [/Edit]

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hondamade4dogs thanks for your constructive criticism.
Now tell us how you really feel.

Form follows function

The function of the shifter is to minimize the amount of time your hand is off the steering wheel when shifting. While it does increase the length of the throw I don't see downside anyone would find in day to day driving. (as far as the process of shifting goes)
I am courious as to why anyone thinks you need to shift an Element "mad fast yo"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts