Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up my 2010 Element on Saturday. Had Monday off, traveled for business Tuesday and Wednesday. Drove it to the office for the first time today.

I was telling my co-workers about it over lunch, and afterward a bunch of us went out to the parking lot to check it out. None had ever seen the interior of an E and were curious as to why I chose such an ugly vehicle. I flipped one of the back seats up and had both sets of doors wide open. Everyone sat in either a front or back seat (and on the tailgate too).

Comments ranged from "Wow, roomy!" to "I want one." to "I'm sold - my wife needs a new car and I'm getting her this."

It seems that the hating and the ugly-bashing dissipate when people see the interior in action!

·
Registered
816 Posts
spacadet..i have to be honest,,at 1st i also did not like the element when they came out,,but after seeing them on the road they grew on me,,then a friend bought one and from being in it so many times and seeing what it can do,,,well lets just say i have one now,,,,best of luck to you with your new e

·
Registered
403 Posts
When the E first came out I thought that's one strange looking car. Then a few years passed and I kept seeing more and more on the road, and I started to like them. So I bought a 2005 and really liked it. But then in 2008 a Jeep bug bit me, so I sold the E and bought a new 2008 Jeep Liberty, which gave me problems almost from the start...transmission, brakes, leaking skyslider roof, etc. It was pretty nice otherwise..all the bells and whistles. But I knew I wasn't going to keep it, so started looking around at other cars again. Came upon my little 2010 Blue Pearl girl E, and I was in love again!!! This one's a keeper:grin:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Spacadet,

Glad to hear that you're converting some of the non-believers...!

LBD

·
Registered
872 Posts
when you open thier mind you open thier hart,let them sit in your E but dont let them fart:shock::razz: but if they do just let them know all the plastic & rubber wont absorb it and that's smart.( great for dogs) hey honda should start sending us checks !!! oops they might want some money back from a few of us:evil:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome to the world of the nerds spacadet! My co-workers think I'm a nerd because of my E and the way I talk about it all the time...all my EOC related stickers....tagging other Es in the parking lot.....but like you once they actually get up and close they change their mind. :grin:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a plan

Hmmmm, aerospace engineering.....traffic jams, bad road conditions..... ground clearance...lifting...what about a flying E?

Hey, that would be some mod!!! Some sort of lambo/airfoil/door, with a bit more HP , natch. I suppose a STOL approach would be good, given the length of most driveways.

Is there an FAA approved nav/coms/GPS/DVD/entertainment double DIN HU available? Niche market I would imagine.

When can you have us a detailed write up? With pictures of course!!!!!

And by 2020, 'Get your E to Mars!'

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hmmmm, aerospace engineering.....traffic jams, bad road conditions..... ground clearance...lifting...what about a flying E?

Hey, that would be some mod!!! Some sort of lambo/airfoil/door, with a bit more HP , natch. I suppose a STOL approach would be good, given the length of most driveways.

Is there an FAA approved nav/coms/GPS/DVD/entertainment double DIN HU available? Niche market I would imagine.

When can you have us a detailed write up? With pictures of course!!!!!

And by 2020, 'Get your E to Mars!'
- - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - - :lol: - - - - -

Wuhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa...!!!!!!

Oh gawd...! SO FUNNY!!! Wait, did I pee a little...? Hold on...

LBD

·
Registered
707 Posts
When my friends, and new friends ride in the E they are always gawking at how much room there is inside and I always say "I know, you can even wear a sombrero when you drive if you want!" They get a kick outta that :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Picture

Since a couple of people have asked, here's my BluE, AT work! I buttoned her up with a sunshade, as I was leaving her at work for a few days while I left on business. I actually took this picture just in case anything happened to her while I was gone. Luckily, I came back to a perfect E!

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
spacadet,
I love that color on the E! That's a great looking Element! Nice pic, too.
Congratulations!
Cheers,
John

·
Registered
403 Posts
Since a couple of people have asked, here's my BluE, AT work! I buttoned her up with a sunshade, as I was leaving her at work for a few days while I left on business. I actually took this picture just in case anything happened to her while I was gone. Luckily, I came back to a perfect E!

Yup....looks just like mine! Great choice;-)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Like I ALWAYS say...

May she provide you with many years of service and enjoyment...! Bee-yoo-ti-ful color...!!!

Congrats...!

LBD

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've learned that the Element grows on people...
from huh? to eewww... to hmmm... to a small smile, then a possible touch, then watch out - they may snatch it from you...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I kind of feel validated/vindicated in my purchase of an Element...especially if a friggin' aerospace engineer buys one too!

-simpson

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I kind of feel validated/vindicated in my purchase of an Element...especially if a friggin' aerospace engineer buys one too!

-simpson
Simpson,

Afterall, she IS an AeroSPACE engineer...! Just right up her alley right...? LOL!!! She's all over that...! Good stuff Spacadet...! Hahahahahaaaaa...!!! "Space" Cadet... LOL!!! Awesomeness...! :twisted: Oh wow, :shock: I REALLY need to get some sleep...! :twisted:

Enjoy the rest of this weekend y'all...! 8) :razz: ;-)

LBD

1 - 20 of 21 Posts