Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old Timberland along with the back of the E can no longer accommodate us, two people with dog and gear. So we purchased a sportz suv tent. Their web site shows the tent they supply to Honda. Went with their bigger 10x10 with attached screen room. I set it up and sealed the seams, then photographed it for yall. Will get some with the E attached one day.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Six, That looks great. Did you go with the spray or gel seal sealer.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks. I've ordered a canopy I will need to seal. I sometimes check the Summit City E's thread, but have not been availalbe for any of the meets I've seen. Have out of town guests during the St Mary's camping meet.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scotia, I didn't read your location untill last post.:oops:

All you need to do is click your heels together three times and post a sonic meet on the summit city site and they will come.:)

If you see this E cruising around town, its me.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
six I have been wanting to buy that tent, that thing is awesome!! The tires, the roofrack, the tent.....that is a swEEt set-up!!

Sonic, pizza, Kernal Colada's, just mention junk food and Six is there ;-)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nice look, Six. I'm surprised I haven't noticed it around town. I pay special attention to E's and I like the rack. Mine is a black SC with all the windows tinted. I met Dance at the Jefferson Point WalMart gas station many months ago. I went on an overnighter in the rain a couple weeks ago. Since this trip I've purchased some additional equipment. The "favorite things" thread has been invaluable.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Junk food? coladas- corn=veg
pizza- grian, dairy, veg and meat
sonic-............limeaid yes limeaid it has fruit.:D

This tent is a beast it wieghs 40lbs. It will be great for the Ohio meet.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scotia4607 some poles would serve you well.:)

I have the oem cabana and picked up two extention tent poles from walmart for it, around $15 I think.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yes!!! This was a spur of the moment one nighter. I have a canopy ordered from REI. The fact that I was able to camp overnight comfortably in the Element in a storm with nothing but a tarp and sleeping bag really got me enthused about car camping.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm thinking about getting this exact same tent. Pics attached to an E would be great!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've seen pics of this tent attaached to an E either on the "favorite things" thread or on the company's website. I've considered it, but am pursuaded that a separate tent will suit me better because I will likely need to drive the E during the camp out. And while you can "easily" detach and reattach the tent to the E, I prefer not to.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Haven't used mine in a couple years. You have to play with the seal to the Element. I used metal clothes pins to cinch it. It was great for sleeping in the Element with the tailgate down and having the 10'x10' tent for a changing area and gear storage. And a good guest room. It's a tall tent. These pics are from a couple different trips. You'll see in one configuration that I used mosquito netting. In the other (Acadia NP) I put a small tarp over the tunnel as a precaution since we had some heavy rains on that trip.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts