Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Im new to the element and just bought my 2007 ex about a month ago. The lower grill on the bumper is broke. I am putting pics of it on here. Can anyone tell me a good way to take care of this with out having to buy the front bumper assembly. I was looking at the custom grills on ebay that some of you have done to your elements. but where would you mount it with my grill broke?

thanks, roadwarrior

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Lower Grille Broken

You have nothing to worry about. You can replace the lower portion with a billet grille or other type. The replacement grilles bolt or screw into the existing front cover (nose) assembly. You do however have to remove the nose to accomplish this. It is really not that difficult. The top grille is simply held on by screws however the bottom grille is an integral part of the nose and must be cut out to accomodate the new lower grille. A dremel tool or other cutting device is required. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Find a good aftermarket grille 'cause that condensor is right there waitin' to get creamed by road debris.Happened to me first week I had my E. my first "accessory" was a perforated Stainless piece bent up for me by my metal-wizard stepson. I left the ribs (that you broke) and put the screen behind it. Bumper is a breeze to R&R.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Looks like the previous owner had some fog lights in there, and cut those out.
Most of the billet grills for the E mount right over the lower grill. The use a J-hook
and they hook to the vertical plastic pieces of the grill.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Billet inserts

I bought the billet aluminum inserts from eBay grille4you(88 bucks with free shipping)

Here it how they look:

Needless to say they look great...my repaint looks OK too

s

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I bought the billet aluminum inserts from eBay grille4you(88 bucks with free shipping)

Here it how they look:

Needless to say they look great...my repaint looks OK too

s
Hey Streakr...

Nice looking grill and paint job...! Welcome to the EOC... May she provide you with many years of service and enjoyment...

RoadWarrior10, good luck and post pic of your final decision...

LBD

·
Registered
39 Posts
LBD:

Thanks

Painting the plastic was a real trial. The Krylon Fusion cans all seem to spray at different rates and many tend to pulse, causing orange peel, tiger stripes or runs. Still looking for airbag harness connector for front passenger; I have the bag module.

I got most of it looking pretty good. Here's another picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
LBD:

Thanks

Painting the plastic was a real trial. The Krylon Fusion cans all seem to spray at different rates and many tend to pulse, causing orange peel, tiger stripes or runs. Still looking for airbag harness connector for front passenger; I have the bag module.

I got most of it looking pretty good. Here's another picture:
WOOT! Now that's some good work...! Keep on moddin' buddy...!!! Maybe ask Yoda_E_SC (Zack) a good place in FL to get that module...? He's the "Go-To" Moderator when it comes to electronics... That module sounds complicated... But den agin, I don't be knowin' nut-in'...!!! LOL!!!

LBD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts