Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I promised BB I would give my first ride impressons, so here there are:

I picked up the "E" on Wednesday. I was in Kitchener in the morning to deliver a seminar. I drove back to Mississauga like a mad thing to get to the dealer's at about 2:00. :twisted:

I asked to see the salesman, and was asked to wait in the service area. A few minutes later he called me to tell me that the "E" was ready. I told him I was in the waiting area and he came over to get me.

I paid for the license registration for my new plates, and then we went out to install them. As I popped the manuals and papers into the glove box, I discovered I had a set of wheel locks there. A nice gift from the salesman, I imagine. :D This was definitely an accessory I was going to think about getting at a later time - so these go on this weekend when I get back from Ottawa. (Had to leave my baby within a few hours of getting her to fly off to deliver a two day course here in Ottawa.)

The salesman said we should just drive around the front to exchange the luggage I had in the loaner vehicle to my "E". A little bit through never having driven with this transmission, a little bit from excitement and a little bit from nervousness, I had difficulty with the shifter. I could not quite seem to feel the gear positions at first. Unfortunately, the mechanics had parked on a slight incline, and the "E" rolled back to touch the building. :oops: I got the feel of the clutch and the gears and managed to get around to the front. It must have been quite noisy - I revved a bit high. The clutch is very, very different from that I had on the Chevy S-10, and the throw on the shifter is very short. It took a little getting used to.

Dropped the luggage into the "E" and I was off for a quick tour around Oakville. The grin on my face must have been big enough to split it in half. I could feel the eyes of people on me as I cruised along. As I had promised myself, I played my Emerson, Lake and Palmer cd - see the "First cd to be played" thread. I loved the sound. So nice to have a appreciable bass. Within minutes I was okay with the shifts and clutch. It was a bit difficult to have driven an automatic for a month - so glad to be back to a manual. :D

I had a quick ride around before my partner called me and then I scooted home. After parking, as I came around to the back, I could see where my "E" had kissed the building. There is a very slight mar on the rear bumper - not enough to worry about, and nothing I can really blame on anyone but myself. I will consider my the first badge of honour on my "E". :roll:

My partner came over and told me he loves my "E" (and me, too, I hope). He loves the roominess and the comfortable seats. He's decided I get to drive him all over to new walking and hiking adventures. He saw all sorts of people looking at the "E" - staring into their sideview mirrors or driving right beside me to figure out "What the heck is that!". :wink:

This weekend, I am going to install the Momo shift knob, carpets, the exhaust finisher, shock covers, the wheel locks, the MP3 player, my cell phone holder, my cd holder, and my stuffed ape toy ( a present from my previous partner). I'll also see about getting a carpet for the rear. I hope to get my partner to get some pictures of the tricked out "E".

Off on Sunday to show off the "E" to my parents and older sister. It's a nice 400 km round trip on Queen's highways, so it should make for a good portion of a breakin. Can't wait to get back to my baby tomorrow night.

Loving the "E". Thanks for the support, guys and gals!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm just so happy for you!

I hope you and your partner and your E will enjoy many happy safe miles together.

:::Molson raised in your honor!:::

And we want photos!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Way ta go isketerol. I know exactly how you feel (except for kissing the wall). After 5 weeks with mine I still get a major charge out of driving the "E" and the looks.

I especially like driving into work in the morning from Hamilton to Mississauga and seeing the clones in their Explorers and Mercedes look a like’s. This morning on the 403 I followed a train of 5 Nissan Altima's from the 407 exit to Mavis. One right after another and I had to laugh at the monotony of them. They were surrounded by a rat pack of Sunbirds and Cavaliers, who were lead by a team of Taurus’s.

I’m hoping to see the new wheels on the 25th.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Congrats isketerol

very happy for you I would have not waited as long as you.

Anyway, check the wheel lock package, it should be open and contain the regular wheel bolts. Deals typically install the wheel lock as soon as the get the car. Just make sure you have the key in the glove box all the time.

Happy Eing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
iskie,
I share all your enthusiasm for the arrival of your new "E". I have been dying to drive ours every chance that I get. It must have been agony to have gone to Ottawa away from Elsie. That really bites that you hit the wall with your bumper. By the way the rear bumper is made of a new material call Xenoy. It is manufactured by a company in cobourg called G.E. plastics.
It is referred to as a thermoplastic alloy. It gets kudos for its strength under fire and cheapness come repair time. End of tangent. We hope to see you guys at the "E"vent on the 25th. Enjoy,enjoy,and enjoy. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

·
Registered
64 Posts
:D :wink:

WOWSERS! I thought the day would never come! Sounds like you're in HEAVEN!

You should put a bandaid on your bumper! Is the Element the COOLEST vehicle ever built or WHAT?

I totally want to see pictures of the shifter and all the cool stuff you are decking out your E with.

We are going camping this weekend and expect to do a lot of demos...and BLAST some music and have a few "soda pops"

Have a fun one..
see you on the 25th!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!!!

It is always so exciting when another E comes to be with their new family :)

I know you will LOVE it! and that will make the wait that you had to endure worth it's "wait" in gold :lol: :lol:

Have a great 1st road trip!

Happy Motoring!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts