Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little You Tube video of how I got an abandoned Element from ready to go to the junkyard to ready to drive.

https://youtu.be/YI8Oj1et-kY

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Awesome - well done! I like the pressure washing of the floor mats - how hard were those to get out and put back in? Is there some sort of insulation or padding under those mats? I'd like to do that for my 2003 that's about to enter rehab mode.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I wanted to cry, and then throw up, and then cry again. I'm sure that's mostly cause I love my E ... if it was an Explorer I probably couldn't be bothered.

Still a marked difference from before to after just from cleaning. Good luck on whatever other projects you undertake on that SOP!

dgale, there is some insulation/padding in places under the floor, but given the state of that E in general and the fact it could air dry after, it's a safe play. Just don't do the whole "pressure wash it inside the car" thing that ruined so many Es before.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome - well done! I like the pressure washing of the floor mats - how hard were those to get out and put back in? Is there some sort of insulation or padding under those mats? I'd like to do that for my 2003 that's about to enter rehab mode.
There's some padding underneath the floor material, but none on the car. Just those darn plastic fasteners everywhere. I suggest a plastic fastener kit with the tool.

Lot's of people claim you can just hose the interior out but there's no place to drain the water. Might have a mold problem if you do that. Taking it out isn't that bad. It's a weekend project taking out, scrubbing and putting back in.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
There's some padding underneath the floor material, but none on the car. Just those darn plastic fasteners everywhere. I suggest a plastic fastener kit with the tool.

Lot's of people claim you can just hose the interior out but there's no place to drain the water. Might have a mold problem if you do that. Taking it out isn't that bad. It's a weekend project taking out, scrubbing and putting back in.
Great - my older E needs a thorough cleanup and I'm inclined to do this since it doesn't get used much and I can afford the time to tear it apart a bit. What do you mean by a "plastic fastener kit with the tool"?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts