Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I am happy to announce that this is my first post on what appears to be my new favorite site:

I have been a proud E owner for a little over a year now, and I am curious to know whether or not anyone has a similar experience with their vehicle....
Last year (when my E was new to me) I logged quite a bit of hours in that ol' cabin. Since, I have matured and found other "normal people" places to live (i.e. outside of my honda.) I was feeling nostalgic in my car after work today and turned her off in my driveway and moved to the backseat to listen to some jams and enjoy the fresh air. I noticed a few minutes after I pulled the key from the ignition a soft thudding noise. I remember hearing it occasionally for as long as i have had this car... anyone else know what I'm talking about? or am I just going batsh*t insane...
maybe someone else out there, too, has a haunted E?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Haunted E
Welcome! I too have heard the "groan". I thought it was a fuel pump shut off or anti-theft cut off. I know there are plenty of knowledgeable members on this site with feedback. This place is crawling with wisdom, information, and well, yes, unwanted answers.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,872 Posts
My E's brakes and exhaust consistently make noises shortly after I get out.

Lots of cool down noises - pings, dings, pops, groans - are due to due to parts contracting or relaxing. Much more disturbing is the noise from my rear brakes, first thing in the morning, as I stop after backing down my driveway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts