Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a rough sketch of an idea I have for a center console subwoofer enclosure. Its a side view of it and obviously not drawn to scale. I am wanting to get everything as straight edges except for the cupholders and where the subwoofer goes. I had a couple questions about this.

1. Will I be able to build this as basically rectangular in shape without it bowing or anything to go around the area between the seats and all that?

2. I am also wanting this to look VERY clean cut and something that looks "factory" so I'm not wanting the speaker or amplifier to be exposed.

3. Where should I mount the amplifier so it won't show, or is there a way to cover it up as in doing something like mounting it on the side but making a cut out type thing for it to breath?

4. What would be the easiest materials to work with and should I do something like make this ported or do anything to the inside of this box or just leave open and untreated on the inside?

5. Any general tips for a first timer at building something like this?

I am wanting to install an 8inch 800Watt MA Audio Competition subwoofer in this enclosure.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
your photo isnt showing up so it is hard to tell what you are working with or your idea is. check out the kicker amp i did in the cargao area that is in my signature as well as the sub console box

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
GDK1985, regarding image not showing. It maybe an issue with photobucket. Why not attach the image to your message next time?

Scroll down from the message text box and you'll see a section with a button called Manage Attachments.

Edit:

Managed to get it, for a small size canvas black & white image, the original was a huge file. I made it a little smaller with no apparent loss in image quality. I hope every body can see it now.

SubwooferEnclosure_edit.jpg

·
Registered
557 Posts
I can see it. So you're going to have the E-brake in the box? with a flip up hinge. That's a bad idea. It would just rattle all day and it wouldn't be a sealed enclosure. Cut out a section for the E-brake and make it solid.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mine would hold a sub

By not including the trash container in the rear of my console design you could mount a sub in it. Some foam around the e brake handle and a bottom on the unit would make it a sealed unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GDK1985, regarding image not showing. It maybe an issue with photobucket. Why not attach the image to your message next time?

Scroll down from the message text box and you'll see a section with a button called Manage Attachments.

Edit:

Managed to get it, for a small size canvas black & white image, the original was a huge file. I made it a little smaller with no apparent loss in image quality. I hope every body can see it now.

View attachment 75077
great! thank you! I don't know why the file was so big! I saved it as low quality?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can see it. So you're going to have the E-brake in the box? with a flip up hinge. That's a bad idea. It would just rattle all day and it wouldn't be a sealed enclosure. Cut out a section for the E-brake and make it solid.
Someone else on here posted something similar but instead of having a hinge they had they entire top of the enclosure flip up and I didn't want that. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By not including the trash container in the rear of my console design you could mount a sub in it. Some foam around the e brake handle and a bottom on the unit would make it a sealed unit.
I really like yours! Do you by chance have a diagram of it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts