Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Stage 1 of my system installed. The Apline CDA-117 head unit with Sirius tuner; JL Audio C5-650 component speakers up front with crossovers; JL Audio C5-650x coaxials in rear with crossovers. It's all wired to the 270-watt factory amp right now, which is real weak for those JL components. Now I am getting Stage 2 installed: JL Audio stealthbox with JL Audio 250-watt amp. To drive the components, I am putting in the Alpine Head Unit Power Pack. I've been told that this power pack is all I'll ever need, unless I want to spend $500+ on another JL amp + installation/parts.

I am curious if anyone else has a JL Audio Element, and especially, the Stealth subwoofer?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I'd skip the JL amp and the Alpine power pack and just grab the Alpine PDX-5. More power all around, easier install with just the 1 unit, fits nicely under the front seat, and doesn't cost much more than the 2 amps you're looking at.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have the JL stealthbox and I'm pretty happy with it. I was running a 240 watt rms Alpine sub amp on the stealthbox and wanted to go to the JL 250/1 because the sub still sounded a little weak. However, I had a JL 500/1 laying around and hooked it up and shoved it under the seat. The sub will take the power all day and sounds pretty good. I usually run 12'' subs. My last install in the E was a 500/1 with a 12W6, but it used up too much cargo room. Good luck with the install and post some pics!

·
Registered
5 Posts
HAHA You guys and your silly subs

i just installed yesterday in my 04 ex two 18's in my cargo area they take up so much room i have to point then towards the ceilings. im running 2 2000 watt amps with a power cap on a 16 watt semi truck battery it hit so hard at 12 and keep in mind that my radio deck goes up to bout 3 buttt it hit so hard that my back sunroof at 12 CRACK and broke into a million little peices i can put a 2 liter so soda ontop of the car and shake it off to the song "a millie" by lil wayne the car is so loud i set of numerous car alarms while driving down market street.
haha so yeah stealth subs and 250 watts is a good start but im 17 and i got my first set of subs when i was 10 and now im running professional equipment.
take some pics of your guys systems id like to see them, ill take a video of that 2 liter on the roof

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the JL stealthbox and I'm pretty happy with it. I was running a 240 watt rms Alpine sub amp on the stealthbox and wanted to go to the JL 250/1 because the sub still sounded a little weak. However, I had a JL 500/1 laying around and hooked it up and shoved it under the seat. The sub will take the power all day and sounds pretty good. I usually run 12'' subs. My last install in the E was a 500/1 with a 12W6, but it used up too much cargo room. Good luck with the install and post some pics!

Ok so which seat is it under? I have a 500/1 laying around as well. Did you have to modify/cut anything out for it to fit under the seat? Again.. which seat?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here's a Diagram of the setup in my 2005.
Element Stereo Diagram.jpg

I posted pics on here a while ago. I don't want to re-post them..but if you look up my posts, I am sure you will be able to see the install.

Ed.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Ok so which seat is it under? I have a 500/1 laying around as well. Did you have to modify/cut anything out for it to fit under the seat? Again.. which seat?
It's under the passenger seat. I had to remove the rear black trim piece and make it flush. I think it also serves as the rear vent. The only thing is that the seat has limited movement but is more than enough room for passengers. It also sticks out about 2'' so it is still visible. PM me is you want to know more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gibroni, that Alpine PDX certainly offers an alternative. Crutchfield sells it for $600, and Amazon for $363....wtf?!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
The PDX are a good idea but I have heard they pick up a lot of external noise and engine noise because of the digital platform. I was going to use the PDX-5 but after hearing what snowdreams1080 had to say about it changed my mind. You can PM for his $.02

·
Registered
37 Posts
i just installed yesterday in my 04 ex two 18's in my cargo area they take up so much room i have to point then towards the ceilings. im running 2 2000 watt amps with a power cap on a 16 watt semi truck battery it hit so hard at 12 and keep in mind that my radio deck goes up to bout 3 buttt it hit so hard that my back sunroof at 12 CRACK and broke into a million little peices i can put a 2 liter so soda ontop of the car and shake it off to the song "a millie" by lil wayne the car is so loud i set of numerous car alarms while driving down market street.
haha so yeah stealth subs and 250 watts is a good start but im 17 and i got my first set of subs when i was 10 and now im running professional equipment.
take some pics of your guys systems id like to see them, ill take a video of that 2 liter on the roof
That's AWESOME!!!!! ever broke anyone else's window's while dropping beats down the streets.....That' my new hook..I'mma protools the sht outta that muthasuker. 808 4 life Is it possible to break your frame w/dat system?
Please pics please,

·
Registered
140 Posts
It's under the passenger seat. I had to remove the rear black trim piece and make it flush. I think it also serves as the rear vent. The only thing is that the seat has limited movement but is more than enough room for passengers. It also sticks out about 2'' so it is still visible. PM me is you want to know more.
Ok cool thanks. I was curious about that. If anything else comes up I'll pm ya.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts