Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
557 Posts
I don't mean to be mean, but the bedliner on the grill just doesn't seem right. I don't really like it. Everything else=great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't mean to be mean, but the bedliner on the grill just doesn't seem right. I don't really like it. Everything else=great.
^Once the rest of the panels are done i think it will look great.

You've got a good start man. I'm interested to see what direction you take it in.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
OK, i'll be the first to ask, where did you get the Guinness?
was the installation difficult?

<grin>

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
installation was not difficult ...why the beer store of course...lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its all good no offense taken serj- the bedlined panels are not for everyone but as i finish it it should appear better...at 30 bucks a quart i need to budget it... BTW Thanks to all for your feedback and compliments

·
Registered
836 Posts
i love how it all looks!!

When i first got my E i took it to the car wash about 1-2 weeks after owning it and when i washed my grill area i ended up removing all the silver paint from around the grill (right where you put lining) now its all bare and still looks the same as when the paint was on, but i might do this to cover it all up!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for the back up lights i followed ramblerdans mod on his element page and subsituted #885 bulbs (thanks to ramblerdan) they are 50 watt bulbs- instead of bending the prongs over like he did i used my dremel to cut them where they twist ( you'll see it after you dremel off the plastic base) and make sure to use bulb grease and not to touch the bulb bare handed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fanatic- if you do venture to paint the grill I suggest you remove it from the front facia- take care removing the plastic rivets holding it in as well as the screws- if you should break a plastic rivet you can buy some at you local auto parts or you can nut and bolt it in...sanding is a pain but make sure you do your best the grill does take a beating

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I gotta weigh in and say I don't care for the bedliner on the grille trim. I think you should have painted it SOP to match the hood. Bedliner on the fender panels is cool, I've seen that before. I'd also paint the Home Depot grill black.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i just did paint the grill mod black i didnt like it silver....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
510 Posts
That hurculined stuff on the front there in that upside down T pattern is kind of neato! Have you noticed less noise after doing the spare tire well with that stuff? and really? the engine parts? man, you might need another hobby before youre entire E is black!:evil:

PS: you forgot the dip stick!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The plastic covers on the head over the plugs and the fuel rail have been done about a month and a half and as of yet no issues- as far as the spare tire well that is just your standard undercoating- I have decided to halt the Herculiner at this point and i have started the coating of the cladding with Dupli-Color bed liner( it is 12 bucks cheaper a quart and is eaiser to control the texture) I will upload some pics shortly-yesterday I removed the fender cladding and tackled those...:lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts