Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my wheels back from powdercoating and I think they came out mint. Gave the factory rims a gloss black powdercoat and wrapped them in BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A's... 225/70R16.

Now I just need to re-spray paint my center caps to finish it off... Apparently 2 coats of spray paint = wrinkle looking paint.

Sorry for the lousy cell phone picture and the not overly clean car, but I'm very happy with how it came out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
looks slick, I like it. Can't wait for some good pics with the repainted center caps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the good words.

I remember checking some website about how "off" my speedo would be and I think it was between 1-2 MPH at 60 MPH. I'll have to get a bit more accurate reading with my GPS

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looks wicked! I love it! Mine might look like that before too long. At least with the BFG's.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just got my wheels back from powdercoating and I think they came out mint. Gave the factory rims a gloss black powdercoat and wrapped them in BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A's... 225/70R16.

Now I just need to re-spray paint my center caps to finish it off... Apparently 2 coats of spray paint = wrinkle looking paint.

Sorry for the lousy cell phone picture and the not overly clean car, but I'm very happy with how it came out.
I must say, that black on black looks hot! Now, you just need to keep everything nice and clean and shinny!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Love the black on black look.Great tires too.8) No offence,but I think that if those white raised letters were facing in,it would look even better.:)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Love the black on black look.Great tires too.8) No offence,but I think that if those white raised letters were facing in,it would look even better.:)
I think it looks good either way. I have RWL on my AT tires and there are days that I love the lettering and days I wish they were facing inside.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think the RWL have the subtle stylin' touch because otherwise the side of the box would be so, uh, black. Other than the shiny lugs. The RWL give the E more shoulder, I think that's what the design wonks call it. Nice, very nice.

I'd be very interested to hear how the powdercoat holds up through 4 seasons. Polished wheels tend to dull.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think the RWL have the subtle stylin' touch because otherwise the side of the box would be so, uh, black. Other than the shiny lugs. The RWL give the E more shoulder, I think that's what the design wonks call it. Nice, very nice.

I'd be very interested to hear how the powdercoat holds up through 4 seasons. Polished wheels tend to dull.
I agree-the RWL looks great. I have them on my E, and I think it's a nice touch. And, the accent on the black on black is just right!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I absolutely love the 07/08 wheels painted black. They look super tough! I wonder what the 09/10 EX wheels would look like in black on a black E... Anyone wanna photoshop it for me?

Hmmm ideas ideas ideas.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Looks good, need to blackout your headlight housings and vht your tailights, that would finish it off nicely.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Big Fan !!!!!

I love the way my BFG's perform

1 - 15 of 15 Posts