Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a way to mount a Netbook in between the seats so my kids can use on very long drives. I didn't want anything permanently mounted as normally my kids sit in the back reading. I will admit though on a very long 8 hour drive its nice to plop in a little 1 hour movie to keep them occupied for some of the time so I don't have to hear "are we there yet" 400 times for the last hours of the trip.

So after much searching and thinking I found this handy DVD mount. It's hooks to the headrest and a DVD player mounts on the middle. The weight limit is 3 lbs and most netbooks are under that so I figured I could use the same thing for them. Now on our grueling holiday trip i can have a movie ready to go or they could even play a video game. Here are some pictures with an Acer Aspire one. If anyone wants to see if other netbooks fit let me know as I own just about every Netbook. It is a bit crooked in the pictures but I went back and read the instructions and it can be turned to make it straight. This was just a Christmas morning trial fit.

Factory Picture

Pictures in the element.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Interesting mount,looks like it could get to be somewhat of a pain to have to jump in the back of your E' everytime you want to use it though.:? That reminds me of those head rest camera mounts people make.Which I'm actually getting ready to build.8)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't be jumping in the back. This was a temporary mount for the kids to use on long trips. I won't be using it. For this purpose it seems to be a good mount.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Great idea. Just make sure the front passenger doesn't decide to recline!:shock:

A little off topic...
My wife has the older 8.9" Aspire One and I have an 11.6" model, great machine for the money and can't beat the battery life with the six cell. If you don't mind my asking, how do you like your's, esp. compared to Mac Mini, HP, Sony, Lenovo?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have all of the below as it is part of my job. I like them all for different reasons. You are right that the Acer gives you the most for your $. My only gripe about it has been the touchpad and touchpad/mouse buttons. The one that surprised me the most was the Toshiba. Large keyboard and nice and light. If I had to pick one out of this list though it would probably be the Lenovo.

Toshiba NB205
Acer Aspire One 8.9" and 10"
Asus Surf
HP Mini 2133
Lenovo S10e
Samsung NP-NC10

·
Registered
237 Posts
+1 on the Lenovo.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
nice work! i like the dvd player idea, might be good for camping and such too. you could lay down and watch a movie!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts