Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after winning the last scavenger hunt, I received my cloud-rider today...

Installation was a breeze... anyone could do it so I won't bother with any installtion "help"..

A few notes... first, the good:
1) Good quality, steel feels nice and sturdy
2) Looks nice, thumbscrews barely noticeable.
3) Turned some heads immediately!

The not-so-good:
1) Though the top grille fits perfectly, the bottom grille comes flat and I needed to bend it to get it to fit the way I wanted to.
2) Even after bending, there still isn't a "perfect" fit.
3) Thumbscrew system a bit awkward....

Now on to the pix:

Tomorrow I'm going to buy some U-bolts and i'm gonna try and secure the grille onto the inside of the opening instead of the outside!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Very nice. I've got the hexes too. Definitely my favorite of the Cloud Rider line.

eKennedy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks great, that is going to be my first addition after keyless entry. Anyone have pictures of their element with powdercoated grill? Jack :roll:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks NICE!!! How is the quality of the product? Does it seem flimsy or like it will last? Is is secure or does it rattle when you close the hood? Does it look like it is going to rust? Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice grill!!

This has made me decide to get the Cloud_Rider. It looks very classy.
How long was the install??

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My other half wanted to buy the $85.00 billet grille from ebay. I think this looks wayyyy better! Only I couldn't find them to purchase on the cloud rider website - they only show a horizontal line patterned one. I really prefer the one e-shen has. Anybody know where I can find it? (Is it listed under another make or model?)

·
Registered
77 Posts
-Please call Janette (Sales) @ 1- (306) 761-2119 with your credit card info,
delivery address and phone number.
We take Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover
Just call Janette, she will ask all the questions. Painless.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just what is so classy about these grills? The nob that secures the grill shows from the outside. It looks like some kind of toy that your kids can put together and not like a Honda factory part would.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:a79ffca466="siclmn"]Just what is so classy about these grills? The nob that secures the grill shows from the outside. It looks like some kind of toy that your kids can put together and not like a Honda factory part would.[/quote:a79ffca466]

They are well made, stainless steel and fully protect your vulnerable grill area. There are some forum members that don't like them for various reasons. However, you will find overwhelming support from most of those who have them. As far as the knobs go, you really don't even notice them. If you don't like them black just cover them with chrome little bolt covers and a dab of silicone. Of course on the black powdercoated grilles, the knobs are pretty much invisible.

I think if Honda would have simply covered the bottom section of the grille area with the black plastic protection that is used on the top portion, aftermarket grilles would not be needed.

Needless to say, there is not a product made that everyone likes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Shen, great looking grill. You are really pushing the envelope not having a front license plate on a California E. I see we have a CHP lurking on this board so stay legal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Shen, sorry I said anything about no front plate. Looks as though you aren't busted after all. Looks a lot better w/o one. Should give you a free pass on those Nazi insired intersection cameras.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
If you live in the Midwest (or expect to drive there in winter months), it's important to know that non-stock grilles are prone to clogging during freezing-rain storms. It really leaves you shaking your head when it's 30 degrees outside and you have to pull over because your vehicle is overheating.

I drove through one storm so bad it clogged the stock grill. :shock:

FWIW.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts