Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just thought I would show you my newest mod. I have a custom bent and installed dual magnaflow catback exhaust. It makes the car sound tough, looks good, and you can feel a increase in power. It really makes my E stand out. In like a week I will be installing my sound system, and in about a month or two I will be painting the entire car, including the panels, black in the front with red streaks that get fuller toward the back. here are some pictures

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am intrigued by the paint scheme you intend to use as stated in the above post. Please show it off when the job is done.

Thanks.

Fweem on.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Very interesting exhaust system. Good pics of it as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just wondering how much the dual exhausts cost. Did you do the work yourself or have it done?? Looks fantastic and probably sounds even better.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Parts and labor out the door was $460...the regular was 600 but he said hes never done an Element before and if he could put a pic of it on his store wall then he'll do it for 460, so I took it. I love it, and it wasn't that bad of a price, considering on my last car, a GTI, I paid 650 for a production exhaust, not custom like this one, that had to be special ordered from germany. I am very pleased, and it sounds like a very very nice bulldog :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
IM LOOKING TO INSTALL A GREAT DUAL SYSTEM......... EVENTUALLY TIRES AND RIMS... GOT MY E IN MARCH 2003, I WAS THE ONLY ONE FOR THE LONGEST.... ITS GOOD TO HAVE COMPANY! BLACK EX 4WD, ALL SEASON FLOOR MATTS, SEAT COVERS, FOG LIGHTS, BUG/STONE DEFLECTOR, MUD GUARDS, CHROME LICENCE PLATE COVERS, CHROME EXHUAST TIP, ROOF RACK, TINTED WINDOWS, REAR SPOILER, REAR BUMPER TRIM, CHROME BULLET VALVE COVER CAPS, SURF BOARD ATTCHMENT, STEP RAILS, TABLE LEGS, CARGO ORGANIZER, BUNGEE CORDS, PRISTEAGE ALARM SYSTEM W AUTOMATIC STARTER, HULA GIRL.......... SHE KEEPS AN EYE ON MY RIDE! [email protected]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey everyone. With GREAT thanks to the member, inspiron, he has given me webspace with no bandwith so you all can download the video and hear it. I had to move while I shot it because you can only rev to 4k rpms when the clutch is in or its in neutral, I have no idea why. I was only able to bring it up to about 5,200 rpms before I hit my wall, so I couldn't get it fully open throttle, but you still get the gist of it.
-Will

P.S. I put the intro in cause I was bored out of my mind, deal with it! If you dont like it, there is fast forward, and geez, its only 5 seconds!

Here is the video...

http://www.islandpcs.com/element/elementexhast.wmv

·
Registered
131 Posts
What a great looking exhaust system. I WANT IT!

Even though I added the Honda exhaust tip I'm not nuts about it. I really don't like the way it just hangs there. I'm looking for other options that will add to the stle not detract from it as the stock setup does.

Do you have any pictures of the underside showing how they ran the tubing???

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just want to ask, what is the deal with dual exhausts on an inline four?

Dual exhausts on a non-V engine is pretty ricey, IMO.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote:7c8acb6967="qsilver074"]I just want to ask, what is the deal with dual exhausts on an inline four?

Dual exhausts on a non-V engine is pretty ricey, IMO.[/quote:7c8acb6967]

Lol your a real smart one. Is the s2k ricey, because it is an inline with dual outlets. What about an Audi TT, cause that is an inline 4 too and guess what, it has dual outlets also. And finally the brand new TSX, because that has dual outlets, it is an inline, NON V engine, is that brand new luxury sedan from acura ricey? So according to your genious about automobiles, the s2k, the audi, and the acura tsx are all ricey. Think before you talk, or should I say, criticize, because while trying to sound smart and arrogant by making my interesting E look bad, you make yourself look like an *******, better yet, a uninformed *******. Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just want to ask, what is the deal with dual exhausts on an inline four?
From my experience, it helps reduce the "Buzz" sound you get with single exhausts on full throttle, and helps emphasize the low rumble in idle.

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote:a45b7872b9="ElementOn18s"][quote:a45b7872b9="qsilver074"]I just want to ask, what is the deal with dual exhausts on an inline four?

Dual exhausts on a non-V engine is pretty ricey, IMO.[/quote:a45b7872b9]

Lol your a real smart one. Is the s2k ricey, because it is an inline with dual outlets. What about an Audi TT, cause that is an inline 4 too and guess what, it has dual outlets also. And finally the brand new TSX, because that has dual outlets, it is an inline, NON V engine, is that brand new luxury sedan from acura ricey? So according to your genious about automobiles, the s2k, the audi, and the acura tsx are all ricey. Think before you talk, or should I say, criticize, because while trying to sound smart and arrogant by making my interesting E look bad, you make yourself look like an idiot, better yet, a uninformed idiot. Thanks.[/quote:a45b7872b9]

First of all, don't question my intelligence and my being informed because I said something was ricey. And yes, you obviously follow logic well enough. Yes, any - any - inline engine with dual outlets shouldn't have them IMO. Including the S2000, TSX, TT, etc etc. It's pointless. I'm not trying to sound arrogant or smart. I'm giving you an opinion, and if you can't accept it without flaming that's your own fault. The whole point of the dual exhaust was for V-series engines having two seperate exhaust tracts. It was an opinion, and yes I know what cars come with them stock, and I don't like it. It's no better than the ricer with an Integra (no offense integra people) that goes and sticks on TWO APEXi N1's because he thinks he's the **** with dual exhaust, when he doesn't even need it.

Who's looking like the idiot now? Maybe you should chill out. Some people aren't going to like what you do to your E. What do you do? Accept it as someone else's opinion and move on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
First of all, don't question my intelligence and my being informed because I said something was ricey.
As a former owner of a BMW M-Roadster, I'm going to call bullshit here. The M has an in-line six-cylindar engine, and a dual exhaust. If you're calling a M Roadster or an M-3 rice, then you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Just because an engine is in-line as opposed to a V does not exclude it from having a dual exhaust. No matter how you might wish it so.

Who's looking like the idiot now? Maybe you should chill out. Some people aren't going to like what you do to your E. What do you do? Accept it as someone else's opinion and move on.
You know, I wouldn't be throwing stones here, living in a glass house and all...

I just traded a corvette C-5 for my E, so there's no way anyone can call bias on me :p

·
Registered
107 Posts
There isn't any point. Yes, and if you follow my other theory, even on an M roadster it's stupid. I think all of you should stop being assholes when you see someone with an opinion other than yours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
[quote:a7fda074a7="qsilver074"]There isn't any point. Yes, and if you follow my other theory, even on an M roadster it's stupid. I think all of you should stop being assholes when you see someone with an opinion other than yours.[/quote:a7fda074a7]

Well, since your theory is WRONG I won't even consider it. Very simply, you know just enough about how engines and exhaust work to make yourself look like you know nothing at all.

Keep up the name calling, kid. No one will ever consider your posts as useful if you do that.

Seems like you're the one who's getting his back up when he gets called on being wrong.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts