Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are pics of the scratches done either at the factory or by Gunn Honda here in San Antonio. I talked to them today and they were luke warm about doing anything to fix the problems. They pretty much said i was a liar and that these scratches couldn't have been there before or they would have seen them.

http://home.satx.rr.com/johnmo/

John

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Why didja take delivery of the car? That was the last and only point in your purchasing process where you had a leg to stand on. My guess is the dealer's going to write you off as a nimrod and do the bare minimum to get you out of the building.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It looks as if you bought the Demo Element. I remember the abuse the sales guy did to the element out on my test drive. Showing me how fast 0-60 it was and also showing me what ABS brakes doing 40-0 in about 1.5 secs... haha. All of this well below the recomended break-in period. Sorry about all your problems with the E :cry:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Your one photo showed the cup holder with the question if "something was missing"? No, nothing is missing. Those small rubber tabs are meant to keep your cup or can from shaking back and fourth when driving.

Really too bad about the scratches. This is one reason that, with a new car, I will only pick it up during the day, when the light is good. Then I can look everything over carefully prior to signing anything.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Actually it looks like those tabs are missing from 2 places. Someone sure "used" this car before you got it. I don't know what they did to make those deep scratches but you can't do that just brushing up next to it. Good luck, I hope they fix it for you!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:fc40ea870c="Berniesgirl"]Actually it looks like those tabs are missing from 2 places. Someone sure "used" this car before you got it. I don't know what they did to make those deep scratches but you can't do that just brushing up next to it. Good luck, I hope they fix it for you!!![/quote:fc40ea870c]

Yiikes. I stand corrected. My previous post said the it looked like nothing was missing. Well, two of those tabs are missing. I didn't look close enough.

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:14e641656d="JohnMo"]These are pics of the scratches done either at the factory or by Gunn Honda here in San Antonio. I talked to them today and they were luke warm about doing anything to fix the problems. They pretty much said i was a liar and that these scratches couldn't have been there before or they would have seen them.

http://home.satx.rr.com/johnmo/

John[/quote:14e641656d]

John,

I feels for you man!
I don't care how those scratches got there, on the other hand I do not need somebody tells me I'm a liar. :evil:

I suggest you give Honda's regional manager a call, Honda's RM can do wonder, if you press the his/her button correctly.

Stay calm, recall that day when you take delivery of the car.

Believed me, Honda do not wants their customer unhappy, especially on the new model such as the Element.

Go give them HELL! :x

·
Registered
141 Posts
John,

I feel for you bro. We had to deal with something similar. We were buying the blue E and have checked that thoroughly. My wife decided to get the SOP instead after seeing one that was fully painted.

We drove the SOP home and later found 2 dings on the hood and other little things wrong. We called our sales rep and Showcase Honda took care of the problems free of charge.

We've also bought 4 cars from them already in the past.

John

·
Registered
56 Posts
how long have you had the "E"?
Was this something that you noticed right away?
I just picked up 2 replacement pieces -the covers for the levers to remove the rear seats. One was scratched when I picked it up and one kept falling off. The Mechanic just ordered them and said that it was no prob. Unfortunately this is not always the case when at the dealership. I just assumed that it would be OK to take delivery of the car and notice things later. I even went so far as to admit to scratching the colored dash piece above the glove compartment and after paying for it (only $10) he said that he could cover it under warranty. By the way this is not even the dealer I bought the car at
:shock:

·
Registered
56 Posts
As a further note: Tell those a*&H&L*s to fix your car.
regardless of what the cause was, Do they not like having customers?
They could simply put it under warranty for "discoloration" or some other flaw. They seem to be missing the point. I believe the old adage goes.:
A HAPPY CUSTOMER IS A REPEAT CUSTOMER" Duh!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, they agreed to fix everything but the floor. They said that same old BS, so i guess I'll chalk this up as a learning experience. Like i said, this was the first time I've bought a new car so I had to learn some lessons the hard way. I still love the car and Honda, but i will be sure not to recommend Gunn to anyone else in the future.

Thanks for everyone's advice and support.... See you on the road soon :)

I had the roof rack installed, front windows tinted, and the fog lights installed today. I'll post more pics soon!

Thanks!
JohnMo

·
Registered
137 Posts
JohnMo,

Good luck with all your DIY, tinted windows is a good start for you guys down there. (105F today right?)

Enjoy your Element and buy some mats cover those scratch marks.

Later,

·
Registered
16 Posts
I first ordered my element at PS honda in Long Island NY....took them a week to get a black one and when it arrived i wnet to take a look, the day before delivery....

The hood had a scratch and a piece was missing of the rear bumper!! They all come with white plastic protection on hood and roof and plastic on the inside..even plastic on the rims..and this one didn't!!!

The day of delivery I told them about these scratches and the manager looked at me like I was from mars...we went to take a look and he said that "no car is perfect!"" This was a new car and the bumper they would replace! I wanted to take a look inside...the doorpanels were scratched, the seats dirty, the floors in the back dirty...I told him this was unacceptable! he got angry and said he was going to give me back my deposit and he was going to give the car to someone else!! I said thank you.....took the money and had my black honda element EX the next day from another dealer!!!

YOU ARE THE COSTUMER AND YOU HAVE TO WORK VERY HARD FOR YOUR MONEY..DON'T LET A DUMB ARROGANT DEALER TELL YOU IT IS OKAY TO BUY A SECOND HAND/DEMO "NEW" CAR!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts