Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the New EX and LOVE this forum.........only thing, reading it for the past few nights has me awake til 2AM....LOVE the information provided here!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congratulation... I have the same model and i'm so excited with my E '09

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I filled out a little profile info. Used to be stuk n bama, but now I'm relegated to TN..........anyway, I'm looking forward to reading more on this site. Already saved my condensor coil by doing that mod..........really confused about the lack of 12V outlets and some really good center consoles/armrest, but I'm searching for those answers...I'm sure they are on here!!:D

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Very nice. Exactly what I want. What's Honda call this color these days?

Thanks,
Steve
It's written in the profile: Polished Metal Metallic (PMM)

stuknbama, very good looking E! Thanks for picture :) and welcome to the club :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome & congrats on your new E. Nice color:lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again everyone.....still looking around trying to figure out where to post certain questions. Kinda bummed about the console or lack of one in this EX, but optimistic about the options I'm finding on here. Glad to see that sponsors actively post on here and hope they discount member purchases!?! I'm a photographer, so I'm also thankful for the photos that are posted with the posts on the forum. Looks like I've found a new "home page".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Need some info....I've searched and most of what I found was 2004-2005 and I need some up to date info on how to get this stupid XM radio converted to receive Sirius.......I called XM and they said I needed an XM subscription and I could add the "best of Sirius" for an additional fee.....NO Way...I already have 2 sirius fees, just don't want to have to buy some huge bulky replacement unit.......Element owners fill me in!
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice photography!

Congrats on the E. I figure your other questions have been discussed in other threads. I wish the armrests would go away myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need some info....I've searched and most of what I found was 2004-2005 and I need some up to date info on how to get this stupid XM radio converted to receive Sirius.......I called XM and they said I needed an XM subscription and I could add the "best of Sirius" for an additional fee.....NO Way...I already have 2 sirius fees, just don't want to have to buy some huge bulky replacement unit.......Element owners fill me in!
Thanks in advance!
bama,

I just picked up a PMM 09 EX about a week ago and struggled with the XM as well. First, I called XM and told them I'd bought a car with an XM radio and that I was supposed to get a 3 month free trial. I gave them my radio ID and they set up an account for me - free - no credit card info or anything like that (I was sure it would be one of those "give me your card # and if you don't cancel we'll start charging" deals). It took a while for the radio to refresh, but that finally happened, but I was disappointed I didn't get any of the baseball play by play stations...

Later that day I was looking at my account online in hopes of figuring out what stations I got and what the programming on all of them was (never really found that). In the process I noticed advertising for the Best of Sirius package. It looked like I should have been able to add it on line, but their site is a little buggy and I wasn't able to. I called XM again and explained that I had a free three month XM trial and I read on the website that I could get "Best of Sirius" for free during that trial. They didn't ask any questions, just set it up on the spot. Now my neighbors think I'm weird because I sit in the car and listen to baseball games every evening!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dump,
thanks for that info........I was hoping XM and Sirius would have settled on a mixed version since they merged, but it looks as if I'll have to buy more equipment if I want my sirius to play through this XM/Honda radio. I searched and read other threads on here, but the majority of them were from 2004-2005 and that didn't really apply to 2009. Adding all these brackets to the dash with wires everywhere just don't get it for me. I'm capable of doing these hack jobs, but hate to ruin the inside looks of the E with brackets sticking off the dash to hold a sirius radio. That was fine for my 2001 Ford, but not this new vehicle. There's has got to be an easier way and I'll search this place until I find it.....with such a wealth of info, it HAS to be here somewhere.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts