Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today I made a new grill for my Elly. Unlike many here, I am going to highly modify my ride. I got it yesterday and figured it was time to start. Here is a pic of it.

[/img]

·
Registered
894 Posts
Nice! Can you share some details such as how much it cost and where you had it fabricated? How difficult was it to replace?

Iskie

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you dont wanna hear this cause it wont helo you much but it was free. Ive had this piece of aluminum for about 2 years in my toolbox waiting to do someting with it. I got it from my old job where we used it as grill material for dump trucks.
As for the install, it took me about 20 minutes tops including cutting ht piece and drilling the mounting holes.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice! I definitely like... are you going to de-badge the tailgate? (Maybe you could get the infamous H3 sticker to replace them! :D )

·
Registered
48 Posts
I WANT ONE !!!!!!!! The day I got my Element, I took the H, and the Element Emblem off the back. I've been looking for an aftermarket grill. I don't like the chicken wire that most civics have on them. Yours is PERFECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also plan to modify my E. Getting my pannels painted to match, and BIG wheels. I am debating putting an electric sliding rag in it. Talk about letting the sun in. Your Grill looks GREAT ! Much Props. :shock:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sure, I got to check this post for BBQ stuff and all I see are Element pics :lol: :lol: :lol:

They look great

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont have any "action" pic s of it. I just do stuff on my spare time at work. You cant just let a big tool box and tools just sit there (Im a Honda tech). To do it completely took out the black piece and put this in its place. The is only a small gap under hte hoo where the grey of hte grill shell and the black of the upper shroud at the hoo latch meet. Its hardly anything so Im not gonna worry about it.
I might debadge the back end, but definitely NOT get an H3 emblem. That like putting a type-R badge on it or something. (sorry if you like it).

My next quick project is gonna be clearing the headlights. This is when you remove the amber lense in the headlight housing. It gives it a cleaner look. i did this t my '01 Civic before I put projector headlights on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Turtle, do you know if it's legal to remove the amber lens? I assume you mean the turn signal portion of the lens... If so, how do you go about removing it...?

Thanks
NyArtist26

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, Im not too sure of the legaity of it. However, I feel that if you put an amber bulb in the placeof the stock clear one, everything should be fine. I never had any problmes with it on my Civic. I even had a clear turn signal bulb in it for a long time.
Doing it isnt really too hard. Take the headlight out, heat up around the edges where the clear lense and the housing meet. Gently pry the two apart. Once apart take out the amber peice. I havent looked at our headlights yet, but I assume that its just the same as all other HOnda headlights made in recent years.

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:20f8945345="RML"]Sure, I got to check this post for BBQ stuff and all I see are Element pics :lol: :lol: :lol:

They look great[/quote:20f8945345]

::::giggles!:::::

:wink:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Express:: This isnt just a cover. This is a full replacement. Once the amber piece is removed, the plastic chrome is just like the headlights. It looks stock in a sense. I am planning on painting the panels, I cant wait till I do it. I just spend too much money on my Civic to do it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts