Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new Hunter Brush Guard on my 2005 Honda Element and I absolutely love it. Really awesome look to the car and the build quality is top notch. It took me about 30-45 minutes to install but I am confident that if I did it again I could do it in 15 no problem. Very easy install and I would def. recommend this guard to anyone in the market for one.

I have attached some pictures to help others. In addition here is a link to the youtube video I created (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QUD6BZvzWg) it is a "how to" on how to attach the guard.

Let me know if you have any questions!!!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
That looks really good!

I'm going to get my Army kiddo one of those for his B-day/Christmas/providing freedom to us all, gift.

When he left he said take care of my E and fix it up--I think one of those guards would do just the trick, along with a nice roof rack:)

But then I'm going to be so jealous of his:-(

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I love the chunks of grass and mud under there, shows you're not afraid to get dirty!

Just remember a brush guard is for brush, not shopping carts and cars and water Buffalo. It is basically attached to the bottom of the radiator so you don't want to ram anything too hard with it. I've nosed into the dirt a few times with mine coming over small jumps or going through ditches and it's holding up just fine so you can play rough, just not baja 1000 rough. :)

And for the record that shopping cart at petco deserved it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks really good!

I'm going to get my Army kiddo one of those for his B-day/Christmas/providing freedom to us all, gift.

When he left he said take care of my E and fix it up--I think one of those guards would do just the trick, along with a nice roof rack:)

But then I'm going to be so jealous of his:-(
I hear ya! This is the first of many many mods so keep on the lookout for my posts I know, for sure he will love it! Tell him I said thanks for all the work he's doing!

I love the chunks of grass and mud under there, shows you're not afraid to get dirty!

Just remember a brush guard is for brush, not shopping carts and cars and water Buffalo. It is basically attached to the bottom of the radiator so you don't want to ram anything too hard with it. I've nosed into the dirt a few times with mine coming over small jumps or going through ditches and it's holding up just fine so you can play rough, just not baja 1000 rough. :)

And for the record that shopping cart at petco deserved it.
Hahaha yeah all that grass and mud is actually when I slipped into a ditch when I was getting pulled over on the highway. (Expired tags) Obviously my car is ok and most of the time I just explain it as a drove into the forest to get away from the police. :grin:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah, the look with grille and brush guard looks terrific! Check out the pics in my album. I've side steps and tail light guards, too! They really make for a complete package.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Looks really good. Is that the one piece of modular version? I was just looking at them online earlier. That might be a birthday item for me.

Jojo, I think your Kiddo totally deserves it!!! You should also through in a matching Tear Drop while you are at it.;-)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks really good. Is that the one piece of modular version? I was just looking at them online earlier. That might be a birthday item for me.

Jojo, I think your Kiddo totally deserves it!!! You should also through in a matching Tear Drop while you are at it.;-)
It's the modular version. It comes as 3 separate pieces. The center and the two light covers.

·
Registered
110 Posts
that looks good! Are there mounting holes for lights? Does anyone know if the Hunter Brush guard can be put on a 2009 Element EX?

Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
Grille & Brush Guard

that looks good! Are there mounting holes for lights? Does anyone know if the Hunter Brush guard can be put on a 2009 Element EX?

Thanks
Check out AutoAnything.com-they have Steelcraft grille & brush guards for '09 E's. They look the same as the Hunter, except they're one piece. Easy one-man job to put on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts