Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is it! The time has come to rebuild another old car. The price was perfect, Free ! The car itself has not been run since 1988, it's a 1966 vintage, that needs some help.

The engine looked good, but had no gas in it. I cleaned the carbs, hooked up an External gas can, a new battery, and gave it a try. It fired, and ran well. It has an oil leak from some dried out seals. I will rip it down and replace all the seals and gaskets. It's a good start. Now I will cover it for the winter. and wait for spring. Some Photo's of it as it looks today!

IMG_2463 (Small).JPG
IMG_2464 (Small).JPG
IMG_2465 (Small).JPG
IMG_2466 (Small).JPG
IMG_2468 (Small).JPG

More to come

Dom

Attachments

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The last of them, for now.

IMG_2469 (Small).JPG

IMG_2470 (Small).JPG

Dom

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Sweet, I like the price..................
Targa top and all

how's the interior look?

·
Registered
660 Posts
That's quite the project you've taken on. How long does it take to refurbish something like that? When you're done I expect it will be stunning. Imagine it in a glossy pale teal. Beautiful. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, I like the price..................
Targa top and all

how's the interior look?

BAD ! It will need a complete overhaul. There were Bushy tailed rodents storing their nuts in it. I plan to store this Nut in it! :D Preferably while it's under it's own power!

Dom

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Dom, that looks AWESOME... but it can't be a 1966 model as the 911T didn't get created until 1968. I'm a huge Porsche fan and would love to one day own one. So I looked at PCA for the info.

911 History

I love the Targa! Can't wait to see it as you progress with the project and the price was perfect! I know it is going to cost a pretty penny to get it rebuilt though. Good luck and enjoy it.

How much of the work will you do yourself or with the help of friends and how much will you have the car sent out?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Dom, that looks AWESOME... but it can't be a 1966 model as the 911T didn't get created until 1968. I'm a huge Porsche fan and would love to one day own one. So I looked at PCA for the info.

911 History

I love the Targa! Can't wait to see it as you progress with the project and the price was perfect! I know it is going to cost a pretty penny to get it rebuilt though. Good luck and enjoy it.

How much of the work will you do yourself or with the help of friends and how much will you have the car sent out?

You are correct Larry !! It was a typo! I must be standing to close to Justin! :D

It's 1970!

I'll no doubt do all the work myself. It always seems to work out that way!
It will all be done here! I won't send anything out other than the heads, to have new valves and springs installed. One cylinder is 35 pounds low. The number 3 cylinder to be exact. I looked at the lash on that one. It's correct. I was hoping it was tight. No such luck. No big deal though. I have to pull the engine to re do the seals.

Dom

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you end up rebuilding the motor and need one off pistons, let me know, we may have your motor on file at work(wiseco piston), if not you can send me 1 and we can copy it. You would get the f&f discount.
Looks like a cool project for sure!!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that! I just may take you up on it.

I have used your Wiseco pistons in other projects. I like them!

I built a racing boat Engine ( off shore racing ) for a buddy of mine a year or so back. It was a 350 block. Put out an astonishing 410 Hp on the dyno.
It's still running. For a race boat that in itself is amazing!

Dom

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Very sweet Dom! I get a ride when it's done right?:D:cool:

·
Registered
507 Posts
I like it.... keep us up to date on the restoration...

·
Registered
541 Posts
:shock: project indeed!!!
can't complain about the price though!
have fun restoring her... can't wait to see "after" pics....

·
Registered
557 Posts
I used to have a '68 912, it ran like crap, but I restored it from about the state yours is in now, but the engine ran for some worth, that had to be rebuilt, and then eventually it died again right after I spent two weeks painting it myself and putting new leather in the interior... rear seats are stupid in that thing, they don't even make sense. Does yours have the brushed steel dashboard? That was my favorite interior commodity, mine also had a real wood steering wheel. Could have been aftermarket, not sure. Got mine for free and sold it for $5,000 when it stopped working.:)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Sooooooo jealous.
That's a sweet car.:grin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts