Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i just went to the dealer and got a fluid flush and oil change for my beloved E and then washed it and waxed it at my firehouse. Low and behold on the way home i wind up getting into an accident....FML. So what happened was i got some oil on my boot and at the merge lane where i was turning there was a car stopped. i turned to see the traffic and when i turned my head my foot slipped off the clutch causing the car to jump and stall....turns out it jumped just enough for my bumper to run right into the back of this truck with a long trailer hitch attachment. needless to say the front end needs to be replaced along with the hood, thanks to his rear mounted full size spare. and dont forget the hole punched in the radiator by his trailer ball. So its a good couple weeks without my E and I dont know if i can handle the separation. I miss her already....

·
Registered
44 Posts
So what happened was i got some oil on my boot my foot slipped off the clutch causing the car to jump and stall....

thanks to his rear mounted full size spare. and dont forget the hole punched in the radiator by his trailer ball. ....
Your blaming his spare and his trailer ball? :confused:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hang in there randomward !! Sorry to hear about your accident.:-( Glad your OK .:) She's going to be OK too .;-) Just read through some posts when you really start missing her , and think about how great your reunion is going to be . :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, glad to hear you're OK. Just think, you'll be back behind the wheel of your E before I'm behind the wheel of an E. Heck, probably before I'm back behind the wheel of anything but a rental, the way the car search is going ..... :mad:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no april fool thats very unfortunate. and reh im not necessarily blaming his ball and tire, just stating that had it been his bumper the damage would have been less severe because there would have been some buffer room instead of a steel trailer hitch mounted to his frame and a solidly mounted rear tire thats all.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I completely understand the mounted spare tire issue. I had an accident January 2008. I rear-ended a Toyota Rav4 in my E and it would have been a simple bumper to bumper, but she had a mounted spare tire that dug itself in to the left side of my E (I hit her while trying to swerve out of the way, hence the left side damage from a right-side mounted spare tire).

Well, $4700 dollars worth of damage later, the E is back in perfect running condition :D :D

Your E will survive, just be sure to wipe your feet ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Oh, and my rental was a Ford Taurus. Talk about quite the change of transportation, especially while working at a ski resort! :mad:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow yeah thats a lot like my E. and sorry about that rental, not only is it ford but its a taurus. I would have gotten a rental but im not 25 and therefore i cannot be trusted with a rental vehicle, so im driving my mom's pilot until it gets fixed. Not a bad trade but im not used to how wide the pilot is or for that matter the automatic transmission in it either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts