Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a shot of my Element SC pulling my pop-tent. I had to cut a hole in the back bumper to be able to fit the tow package, but it works great. The trailer weighs about 1,500lbs and the E pulls it no problemo.

·
Registered
227 Posts
New Owner of a Pop Up

I've had my 2008 SC since August of 2009.
This past week we just acquired a 2001 Coleman Taos from a church friend.
We had borrowed it from time to time to use as a "Guest House" both at home and at Virginia Beach.
I've towed it a few times with the Element, but, never very far to date.
Looking forward to getting some weekends away next year.

We already have reservations in Mount Pleasant, SC for April next year.
I hope it pulls OK and doesn't beat up my fuel mileage too much.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Better Late than never...

So we did our jaunt to the South Carolina "Low Country" back in April as previously stated.
The Element did just fine. I barely knew that the camper was back there, except on the longish uphill grades. There was more than a bit of downshifting of the automatic trans.
But, that was to be expected. On the way "down" to South Carolina we took US-52 and sort of meandered, taking our time. Managed to keep mileage around 19-20 MPG - not to bad!. The trip back, we felt a bit more rushed and took I-26, I-77 and the such. Higher speeds, and more up-hill grades. Mileage for the return trip was in the 16-17 MPG range. But, still, I was OK with that based on the path I selected.
A good trip.... Oh, for the record we stayed at the KOA in Mt. Pleasant, SC. We were down there for me to do the Cooper River Bridge Run (www.bridgerun.com).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mt. Pleasant, SC

During our weekend in early April.
My 2008 Element SC and our 2001 Coleman Taos.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Latest "Big Trip"

This past weekend we pulled our Coleman Taos Pop-up from central Virginia to eastern Kentucky for a short family reunion. The route was, basically, I-64 through West Virginia.

For those unfamiliar, I-64 through West Virginia has some significant grades - for the east coast at least. I was a bit concerned prior to starting the trip. Resigned myself to the far right lane, with the flashers on, trying to not tax the transmission too much on the long uphill grades.

All in all, it went well. The Element didn't seem bothered by the pull. I was surprised that I still averaged right around 20 MPG for the trip there and back. I am due for a "scheduled" transmission fluid change, so the timing is good. I don't pull it that often. But, I'll be shopping transmission coolers if we begin to use it more!

Hopefully, a photo to follow soon!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Greenbo Lake State Resort Park

We stayed at the Greenbo Lake State Park in Kentucky. Found it to be a very nice campground. A bit busier than I'd have liked. But, enjoyable none the less.

Here was our set-up:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Good looking pair

1 - 8 of 8 Posts