Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, a couple weeks ago I lowered my E using Function and Form type 1 coilovers for the Acura RSX. I know not a lot of people have gone this road but I was destined to go as low as I could.

I didn't even bother buying adjustable tie rods, took some measurements and cut up the current ones I had a welded them back together, turned out great!!

I had a friend help me out, he really knows his stuff. We also built a skid plate, we shortened the gas protector bar, raised the gas tank a little and built a complete bolt on skid plate. Right now it's a good thing I had it because I already hit one big bump which could have punctured the gas tank if I didn't have it!

I also had no choice to put a bit of camber because my wheels have a low offset. I have the oem tailgate spoiler coming in this week and the oem mudflaps as well. So here is the end result guys! :razz:

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
It looks great. Love the look of the Hella Super Tones combined with the retrofit and the fog lights. Looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
I Love the way this looks. I'm dreaming of going the other direction, but I can appreciate a really good looking, slammed E =)

Kudos

·
Registered
198 Posts
I always wondered what supertones would look like on an element.... very nice.

·
Registered
541 Posts
wow! thats low... anything custom, i can appreciate

hope you work at a tire shop :-D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My lord that looks fantastic. Any photos of the skid plate around? Nice work!
Only have one picture of it which my friend took when it was on the lift.

Dope sh!t. Looks great that low but I know it is no fun to drive. Nice job.
You're right no fun to drive.. ? it's really stiff! But the air bags will be in on in about 2 weeks. I'll keep you guys posted. Can't wait to have a softer ride haha

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
How's that skid plate treating ya interested on doing one myself

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Only have one picture of it which my friend took when it was on the lift.

You're right no fun to drive.. ? it's really stiff! But the air bags will be in on in about 2 weeks. I'll keep you guys posted. Can't wait to have a softer ride haha
Like that skid plate. Looks stout and appears to be taking a few hits. I'm low but not as far down as you. Worried about the gas tank. I'll look into doing what you did. Really nice look.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How's that skid plate treating ya interested on doing one myself
Like that skid plate. Looks stout and appears to be taking a few hits. I'm low but not as far down as you. Worried about the gas tank. I'll look into doing what you did. Really nice look.
It's actually doing great! Let me tell you it took a lot more hits since then! The car actually lays on the gas protector bar when I'm aired out and I keep scratching the hell out of it on speed bumps. Sparks flying everywhere haha! So it does hold up pretty nice! How I did it is took a skid plate and welded it to the gas protector bar so it's kind of bolt on since you can unscrew the protector bar. Works great and without it, i probably would have had a couple new gas tanks since then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts