Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 EX Polished Metal Metallic, 2003 EX Galapagos Green Metallic
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that the Element's stock backup lights leave a lot to be desired, especially with the tinted rear window. I've found some LED's that solve that problem (at least for me).
Amazon.com: AUXITO Error Free 912 921 T15 LED Bulbs 2000 Lumens Bright CSP 9-SMD Plug and Play for Backup Reverse Lights, 6500K White (Pack of 2): Automotive
The pictures don't really do them justice (bad camera, poor operator). This is my 2003 EX and the tree in the photos is 38' from the back bumper (I measured ;))
On my wife's 2010 with a rear view camera it looks like daylight at night !

100B2030.JPG 100B2040.JPG 100B2020.JPG

·
Registered
334 Posts
We all know that the Element's stock backup lights leave a lot to be desired, especially with the tinted rear window. I've found some LED's that solve that problem (at least for me).
Amazon.com: AUXITO Error Free 912 921 T15 LED Bulbs 2000 Lumens Bright CSP 9-SMD Plug and Play for Backup Reverse Lights, 6500K White (Pack of 2): Automotive
The pictures don't really do them justice (bad camera, poor operator). This is my 2003 EX and the tree in the photos is 38' from the back bumper (I measured ;))
On my wife's 2010 with a rear view camera it looks like daylight at night !

View attachment 207593 View attachment 207594 View attachment 207592
Wow these look great, when I first looked at this post and saw the thumbnail pictures I thought those were head light or high beam lights!
How long have you had the bulbs in now?
Looks like a great upgrade to add to my list, not cheap for a pair of bulbs, hope they last the 50k hours they claim for that price

·
Registered
334 Posts
I noticed the link was to amazon usa, trying to find the same bulbs in amazon canada

How did you determine the fit for the back up bulbs is it the T15 designation that I should look for?

thank you

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had the bulbs in our 2010 for 8 weeks and in the 2003 for a little over a week. I ordered them based on them being replacements for a 921 bulb, which was what was listed in several backup light bulb replacement lists for Elements on this board and elsewhere. These bulbs replace the the sockets and bulbs in the taillight housing and push in, rather than twist in. They come with o-rings to put in the "latching" area on the bulb to make for the best "grip" and "tightest fit". On the 2003 we used 2 o-rings each and the 2010 1 o-ring each for the tightest fit. We found that orienting the LEDs in a vertical position gave us the best lighting. YMMV Just look at the pictures in the Amazon ad and reviews, it really self-explanatory and easy to do.

We also replaced all the other lights with brighter LEDs and WOW, what a difference. Living in FL, now you can see the brake lights from behind even when facing the late afternoon sun.
I kept a list if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've had the bulbs in our 2010 for 8 weeks and in the 2003 for a little over a week. I ordered them based on them being replacements for a 921 bulb, which was what was listed in several backup light bulb replacement lists for Elements on this board and elsewhere. These bulbs replace the the sockets and bulbs in the taillight housing and push in, rather than twist in. They come with o-rings to put in the "latching" area on the bulb to make for the best "grip" and "tightest fit". On the 2003 we used 2 o-rings each and the 2010 1 o-ring each for the tightest fit. We found that orienting the LEDs in a vertical position gave us the best lighting. YMMV Just look at the pictures in the Amazon ad and reviews, it really self-explanatory and easy to do.

We also replaced all the other lights with brighter LEDs and WOW, what a difference. Living in FL, now you can see the brake lights from behind even when facing the late afternoon sun.
I kept a list if anyone is interested.
Yes please let us know which brake LED lights you use as well thank you

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are the LEDs I used on our 2003 and 2010 so far. (Thanks and credit to the original poster on this board for the incandescent bulb list, sorry I don't remember from what post the list came from)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Micro I think you have started a trend here, ask amazon to give you a commision on these bulbs
Naaa, I just hope everyone will be as satisfied with them as we are!

·
Registered
8 Posts
These are the LEDs I used on our 2003 and 2010 so far. (Thanks and credit to the original poster on this board for the incandescent bulb list, sorry I don't remember from what post the list came from)
Thanks for posting your list, I think I will also upgrade my lights. Did you have to install hyperflash resistors for the turn signals?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for posting your list, I think I will also upgrade my lights. Did you have to install hyperflash resistors for the turn signals?
Yes, I forgot to mention they do hyperflash. We find the hyperflashing acceptable YMMV.
I have not installed anything yet, but if we do, we will either modify the existing flasher (as explained previously in this forum) or just buy a replacement flasher designed for LEDs, we will not add resistors.
Post #2 MOD: LED Conversion FIXES! | Honda Element Owners Club

·
Registered
111 Posts
I raise you 1000 lumens, currently installed on mine for about a year now and 0 issues, I have 5% tint in my rear windows and I can still clearly see when reversing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I raise you 1000 lumens, currently installed on mine for about a year now and 0 issues, I have 5% tint in my rear windows and I can still clearly see when reversing.

Whoops,
912 921 T15 LED Bulbs 3000 Lumens... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PT4R6HG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad those work for you, they are the older model @ 1500 per bulb, I don't expect them to be restocked, now that the 2000 per bulb ones I linked are in production.
Good to know the reliability is there, too ;)

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I read that we have to make sure of polarity. Is that the case or just put them in?
I just put them in and of the bulbs I listed, between our 2003 and 2010, it came to a total of 38 bulbs, and polarity didn't matter on a single one.
(YMMV using different bulbs ;) )

1 - 20 of 25 Posts