Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Fiji EX-AWD
287 Posts
just an fyi on the list.......the dome light may need some editing.....
I bought the upper link and those are for the map lights
bottom link is for the dome lights

·
Premium Member
2010 EX Polished Metal Metallic, 2003 EX Galapagos Green Metallic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Fixed.
The list originally said 2003 - 2006 were DE3175 and like you I found it wrong and edited it when I found 2003s were 578s.
I know 209-2011 are correct.
This makes me wonder which 2005-2008 take?
Anyone know for sure?

I edited the list to reflect 2003 - 2008 using the same bulb (578), as this is what Honda shows in their parts lists for the dome and cargo lights.
I guess the original list was incorrect, I should have checked, sorry :(
I left the 2009-2011 dome and cargo lights as using the same DE3175 in both places, since that is what my 2010 takes, even though Honda lists the cargo light for those years as a 578.
So 2009-2011 owners should probably check dome and cargo lights BEFORE ordering.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
We all know that the Element's stock backup lights leave a lot to be desired, especially with the tinted rear window. I've found some LED's that solve that problem (at least for me).
Amazon.com: AUXITO Error Free 912 921 T15 LED Bulbs 2000 Lumens Bright CSP 9-SMD Plug and Play for Backup Reverse Lights, 6500K White (Pack of 2): Automotive
I'd been eyeing a similar set elsewhere, but at $110 for those, I wasn't willing to pull the trigger. Good find for $30.

The bases kindof look one-way though? Can you remove them after installing?

Yes, I forgot to mention they do hyperflash. We find the hyperflashing acceptable YMMV.
I have not installed anything yet, but if we do, we will either modify the existing flasher (as explained previously in this forum) or just buy a replacement flasher designed for LEDs, we will not add resistors.
Post #2 MOD: LED Conversion FIXES! | Honda Element Owners Club
Hyperflash makes me feel like I'm going to have a heart attack, at least until you get used to it, but I still go for non-hyper.

Post #85 is better. Still running it since posted.

And no, don't do resistors. Diodes maybe. My unrefuted suspicion is that good bulb design/quality prevents most issues that diodes remedy. YMMV.

Side by side of 3k vs 1k lumen
Side by side pics are the best for comparisons. 👍

I just put them in and of the bulbs I listed, between our 2003 and 2010, it came to a total of 38 bulbs, and polarity didn't matter on a single one.
(YMMV using different bulbs ;) )
I think this is just good bulb design/quality again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Super bright! I went with just regular bright 6k led bulbs for fear of the excess heat that style may generate. A coworker put LED headlights in his Toyota and even with the heatsink they started deforming his lenses; very expensive to replace. These have been fine for my E, got almost every bulb switched a few years ago. 921 LED Bulb with Focusing Lens - Back Up Bulb - (10) SMD LED Tower - Miniature Wedge Base | Super Bright LEDs . My same coworkers Toyota got these Amazon ones which are even brighter ! https://www.amazon.com/AUXITO-Chips...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'd been eyeing a similar set elsewhere, but at $110 for those, I wasn't willing to pull the trigger. Good find for $30.
The bases kind of look one-way though? Can you remove them after installing?
They pop in and out easily, yet are quite secure if you use the o-rings provided.
Hyperflash makes me feel like I'm going to have a heart attack, at least until you get used to it, but I still go for non-hyper.
The wife "convinced" me to modify the stock flasher. :whistle: She's "happy" with that flash rate and the (no) cost of the modification.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For the Rear 3rd brake light, did you go with White or Red led?
And as for the turn signal and it hyperflashing, any work around for that as i'm not a fan personally.

Also, i changed out my Dash bulbs with LED a year or 2 ago, great change, but i'll mention polarity certainly mattered in this instance.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
For the Rear 3rd brake light, did you go with White or Red led?
And as for the turn signal and it hyperflashing, any work around for that as i'm not a fan personally.
If you mean me, I used the lights in the list I previously posted and also posted a link to workarounds for flasher in this thread. ;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
We all know that the Element's stock backup lights leave a lot to be desired, especially with the tinted rear window. I've found some LED's that solve that problem (at least for me).
Amazon.com: AUXITO Error Free 912 921 T15 LED Bulbs 2000 Lumens Bright CSP 9-SMD Plug and Play for Backup Reverse Lights, 6500K White (Pack of 2): Automotive
The pictures don't really do them justice (bad camera, poor operator). This is my 2003 EX and the tree in the photos is 38' from the back bumper (I measured ;))
On my wife's 2010 with a rear view camera it looks like daylight at night !

View attachment 207593 View attachment 207594 View attachment 207592
Also interested to know if you have aftermarket window tint on your backglass and if these bulbs help alot to see out of a dark window tint when backing up?

I would like to get aftermarket window tinting done as it not only keeps the car cooler but offers some protection from prying eyes for whatever shopping items I have in the trunk.

I just dont like tinting the back window as it makes it so much more difficult to see when reversing at night especially when it's raining and in an area where there isn't much street lighting.

thanks

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Also interested to know if you have aftermarket window tint on your backglass and if these bulbs help alot to see out of a dark window tint when backing up?
Our Elements are just stock rear Windows. But these bulbs would have to help, even with added tint, since they are so much brighter than stock lights.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Since the wife vetoed the hyper-flashing -
For those that need a solution to hyper-flashing, we are using this is both our 2003 and 2010 - Novita Hazard Warning Flasher EP34

Please note, I have seen references to using an EP35 flasher, but we tried the same brand EP35 flasher (specifically labeled for LEDs) and it did nothing in either the 2003 or 2010.
It was as if nothing was plugged in. YMMV, but the EP34 does work fine and is labeled as working with LEDs, Incandescents or combinations of both.

·
Registered
2004 Fiji EX-AWD
287 Posts
These are the LEDs I used on our 2003 and 2010 so far. (Thanks and credit to the original poster on this board for the incandescent bulb list, sorry I don't remember from what post the list came from)
so an fyi for anybody swapping out their front sidemarker bulbs...make sure you buy amber bulbs. The led whites are too strong for the orange plastic lens and you'll get an ugly whitish yellow color.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts