Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to this forum... Just found you folks today... I hope you can help.

So in my 2007 Element my 19yo son thought he would "help Dad out" by doing a little "hack" on the AUX PORT audio connection port, but he got in over his head. To make a long story short he cut the wires beyond the quick disconnect at the back of the AUX jack. So I don't have a connector there even if I had a new jack to put in. I have a bunch of cut wires.

Here's what I *think* I need, but it's a little tough to confirm these part numbers. Also, is there anyone out there who thinks I can replace this sub-harness myself? Or should I seek professional help here?

Honda Part No.: 39114-SCV-A01ZA
Jack Assy., Aux In. *NH1L*

Honda Part No.: 32108-SCV-A00
Sub-Wire, Console

Any help or advice would be quite welcome.
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
This might be what your son is looking for:

I made that for myself when trying to hardwire a bluetooth dongle. You have to tie two of those together (which tells the radio that it's on) It's either the two unmarked, or one of the unmarked and the ground. I can't remember it was ages ago.

You just have to connect 5 wires to a new 5 pin connector (maybe hard to find) or cut the connector off of your new AUX cable and connect 5 like colored cables: IF that sounds terrifying... take it to a "pro."

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Replying to previous post...

This might be what your son is looking for:

I made that for myself when trying to hardwire a bluetooth dongle. You have to tie two of those together (which tells the radio that it's on) It's either the two unmarked, or one of the unmarked and the ground. I can't remember it was ages ago.

You just have to connect 5 wires to a new 5 pin connector (maybe hard to find) or cut the connector off of your new AUX cable and connect 5 like colored cables: IF that sounds terrifying... take it to a "pro."

Wow. That's EXCELLENT detail. Thanks so much for taking the time to share all of this. This probably would have been exactly what he needed at the time (2 yrs ago) to do what he was trying to do. At this point, he lives in NY and I'm in California so I just want to "put things back to normal" so I can have the AUX jack working again.

I *think* what you're saying though is to skip the sub-harness part altogether and just hard-wire the AUX jack to the 5 wires. Got it. Really appreciate the diagrams and info...

: - )

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Yeah. That’s what I was trying to get at.

You can pretty easily drop the glove box too (searching the “always hot cigarette lighter” thread will show you how (unless that was lost to photo bucket’s great image heist))

I can’t remember if that gives you more room or not. It might make wiring it all together a little easier.

Either way it will be 100 times easier if you have some wires to make the cut wires longer. There is plenty of room behind the dash there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts