Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I did for my sub problem. On page 2 http://ca.msnusers.com/MyStuff4Sale96/shoebox.msnw

It's not finished yet. It has 0.6 cubic feet. Did not cost much to build. I got it for $100 CDN, by a professional. Haggle with these guys. Usually you can get it done cheaper. I know this isn't for everyone, but is what I came up with. I'm running a rockford 250.2 under the passenger seat.

Also what I did for the speakers is on Page 1. In the doors some 6.5 will not fit. Took me 2 hours to do.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That;s a great idea to mount the speaker outside the grill. Is the speaker pretty sturdy mounted to the grill instead of the door? Where did you put the x-over?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm surprised. No one has any comments on this. I am having a stainless steel top made for the sub box to hide the screws, and to make it look better. Getting a cover for the speaker. A nice one from Rockford fosgate. Seeing if I can have stainless on the grill covers. Putting a DVD system in the next cpl of weeks. As well having a stainless dash made for it. Should look good, I hope.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You know that I think the sub looks good. That really is a great solution. 8) I'd love to see what it looks like when finished.

I'm am still debating what I want to do with mine: something similar to what you did, or fiberglass it into the front console.

I really do appreciate people posting their solutions, and sharing ideas. I've gotten a lot good info from these boards. Think I've saved at least $1500 thus far from gleaning info from ya'll. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am mounting some MTX t6.6 convertibles on my doors and saw this, amazing!

I finally found a way to get my grill on as those speakers stick out a ways.

I am going to order some black OEM grills from Majestic because grey would clash. Luckily, they're only $8 each.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Wow can't believe nate,or hegg aren't on line it was only 5 YEARS AGO

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow can't believe nate,or hegg aren't on line it was only 5 YEARS AGO
Wow, can't believe how incredibly more relevant to the post CBR's comments were than were yours.

I never have figured out what the big deal is if someone dares to comment on an old post, especially when their comment is relevant to the original post. But there is always someone just waiting to pounce on them for their highly inconsiderate behavior. It took you 15 minutes to react though. You need to cut that time down a bit, some of the worst offenders may get on with their lives before you get a chance to cut them off at the knees.

I think I have made my point well enough to be understood, but just in case any of it was lost in the initial sarcasm... It makes no difference how old a post is. If someone has a relevant comment to add to it, I for one hope they continue to do so. I don't see any harm in it, maybe someone will explain it to me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts