Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally settled on a system and installed it... Thought you might want to know the setup.
After getting advice off this board, I went to www.crutchfield.com and got...

Head unit......................Alpine CDM-9803.............$180
Front Speakers.............Infinity reference 605cs.....$140 (reg $200) (split tweets/mid)
Back Speakers..............Infinity 652i........................$70
rebate....................................................................-$25
adapters.................................................................free
+ shipping tax...
-------------------------------------------------------------------
grand total .............................................................. $375

The alpine is 4x50watts. No sub yet!

Crutchfield gave me adapters that worked for the head unit harness and speakers.

The door speakers fit perfect. They were prewired. It seems like I remember trimming off some little plastic nobs with an exacto knife.

I put the crossovers for the component speakers back behind the head unit. They fit OK.

I had no stereo to begin with. I ended up cutting the factory face plate to put in the head unit. To get the face plate off, I popped off the surrounding silver panel. There are notches for that purpose. I used electrical tape on my screwdriver.

I supported the head unit with foam (actually I cut up a pool noodle!)

I mounted the tweeters in the factory location (the pillars). The pillars pop off pretty easily... if you pull hard enough! There were no wires to the tweeter locations, so I had to snake wires to them. I popped off the fuse box for easier access to the driver side. I had to jerry rig a support for the tweeters. I think some metal strap would work great. I had none so I did something weird there.

All in all it was fun to do. The system sounds -real- good to me. I was real happy that I got such a good system for $375. Had I gone to our local store, the same system, installed, would have been ~$850.

Anyways... Thanks for the board... It helped me tremendously.

Keith

PS: My first CD was "Hawaiin Slack Key Guitar --- Masters Collection". But don't let that fool you, the system does rock. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll see what I can do. I need to borrow a digital camera. I can also show the weird way I installed the tweeters.

Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts