Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a car accident and without my ride for three months! It was hell! i finally got it back a little over a week ago. In the accident my 22'' black TIS rims got scraped up. For whatever reason, the rim shop they sent them out to said they couldn't repair them...so my insurance was willing to pay for new rims! Hell yeah! I chose the Dropstar DS08 chrome rims. They cost $1,760. I'm currently getting my TIS rims repaired in the same shop that had originally painted them....i really hope they could fix them. Assuming they can, I want to sell the Dropstars to buy a super wide sliding ragtop for my ride :-D It's gonna be sick lol. Some people tell me my ride looks better with the Dropstars instead of the black TIS rims. What do you think?

Before Accident:

zeoc2.jpg
zeoc1.jpg

After the Accident:

zeoc4.jpg
zeoc3.jpg

P.S. Does anybody know who's ride this is? I want to know where they bought their sliding ragtop. I want to get one just like that, but wider and longer! Thx!

sunroof2.jpg
318292581_cf271e11e2.jpg

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments! I'm pretty much set on putting my black rims back on, I just enjoy hearing different opinions. I called the tire shop today and apperantly they haven't even sent out the rims to the rim shop yet. Slackers! So i'm going to call again tmrw to see what's going on. If everything goes well and my black rims are touched up, i'm definitely going to sell the Dropstars. So if any of you like how they look and are interested in buying them let me know.

P.S. I'm also in the process of getting an Injen intake (finally!) and my lip installed...again. In the accident the lip flew off somewhere and they couldn't find it lol. It looks incomplete without it. I can't wait to hear the intake tho!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah! ....can anyone direct me or identify the owner of the element in the above pics with the sliding ragtop? I want to get sum insight on how it works, how much they paid for intallation, any problems with it, etc.... If anybody knows please let me know, that would be awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Oh yeah! ....can anyone direct me or identify the owner of the element in the above pics with the sliding ragtop? I want to get sum insight on how it works, how much they paid for intallation, any problems with it, etc.... If anybody knows please let me know, that would be awesome. Thanks!
the 2nd pic of the one with the rag looks photoshopd. ALos, call streetbeat customs in AZ and talk to them. They are the goto place for everything in sliding rags

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Your black wheels looked much better.8) Have you thought about keeping the new wheels and painting those black? That would also be a great look on your E.

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
Like Chief said that Element is long gone....that particular ragtop has since been discontinued...you'd have to go with another vendor or custom.

Chrome looks ok, but either color you go with it needs a drop to look right.

Keep it comin'!! 8)

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Like Chief said that Element is long gone....that particular ragtop has since been discontinued...you'd have to go with another vendor or custom.

Chrome looks ok, but either color you go with it needs a drop to look right.

Keep it comin'!! 8)
Not sure if you noticed Dance, but that is an X-Wav Element. I dont think
he can lower it. Maybe??

My vote was for the black rims. I like chrome on black, I just dont think
those rims look good on the E. I think if the chrome rims were 20's, they
would look awesome on the E. The 22's in chrome are a bit over powering.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Original Rims >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Current Rims

Seriously, the originals looked almost identical to the ones Honda used for the Prototype SC.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i like the blacks better. i've never been that fond of chrome.

and i have to wonder whether the owner has a wheelchair that has similar rims. that would really be unique.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've never been a fan of the total black out look. It draws away from the beauty of a vehicle. There is no contrast, kind of like looking at a blank canvas. Why put wheels on that never draw the eye? While at the same time I've always thought chrome looked cheap. Hyper silver or polished always looked more classy and elegant in my opinion. More like the high end cars.

I would also have to agree with going for the 20's. 22's are a little much for the Element. Remember bigger is not always better. Sometime you can make more of a statement with little more sublty.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The black rims look way better.....still to big for an element.....but better of the 2 choices.

but thats just my .02

1 - 17 of 17 Posts