Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far the car great.... But there are few things that I am not happy about..

1) washing the e is a pain.... I guess i should say drying it... Water leaks no matter how well you dry it from the rear side windows and the side view mirrors....
2) Bugs bugs bugs..... I never had so much bugs on my winshield before..
3) Gas mileage is so so.... 32 miles commute to work is not helping..
4) I have chips on my hood. I guess the aerodynamics attracts all debris on the road...

Other than that I still love my E......

·
Registered
47 Posts
1. Are you saying water is getting INSIDE the Element from the side windows / mirrors? Or are you saying that you can't get all the water dried up? If it''s the latter, one thing that will help with the mirrors:
Open the doors and shut 'em firmly once or twice. Also, slide a shop rag into the gap between the mirror and the housing. (It helps to fold something firm, like a credit card, into the rag and slide the edge of the card-wrapped towel into the gap.) If you do this step before opening/slamming the door it'll catch most of the water.

2. I'm right there with ya. But I've had that with any vehicle I've owned. I'm hoping a hood deflector will cut down on the bugs.

3. I'm still breaking mine in, getting 24MPG with 90% highway driving. Hopefully yours will improve.

4. Only took me 400 miles - my first long drive - to get my first rock chip. Touch-up paint on order, along with the hood deflector ;)

Oh, and I'm almost 1/2 way to you, mileage-wise, after having my Element for less than 2 weeks :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have 2600 mile on mine so far. I agree with your comments. I'm only getting about 22-24 on the highway and 18-19 in town. No rock chips yet that I can see. As far as washing and rying - really don't have a big problem with that.
A couple more comments:
1. The rear suicide doors are a pain
2. Wish the rear windows rolled down
These are not deal breakers. All things considered, I'm very happy with my Element.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote:86221af6db="carman63"]1. Are you saying water is getting INSIDE the Element from the side windows / mirrors? Or are you saying that you can't get all the water dried up? If it''s the latter, one thing that will help with the mirrors:
Open the doors and shut 'em firmly once or twice. Also, slide a shop rag into the gap between the mirror and the housing. (It helps to fold something firm, like a credit card, into the rag and slide the edge of the card-wrapped towel into the gap.) If you do this step before opening/slamming the door it'll catch most of the water.

[/quote:86221af6db]

Yeah i menat the latter... Now i just drive the car around the block before i start drying it which took care of the problem.. But thats so much work......

Regardless I love My element.. For the money its a very very good buy...... NOw im saving my money to buy a BIKE...... CBR 600 RR.... = )

·
Registered
30 Posts
Get the Lund bug deflector. It's $40, easy to install, and it'll protect the windshield and hood as much as possible considering the brick-like front end of the E.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
jeffg said:
Get the Lund bug deflector. It's $40, easy to install, and it'll protect the windshield and hood as much as possible considering the brick-like front end of the E.
Where'd you get it for 40 bucks?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got it from etruckoutfitters.com, but I only have the packing slip, which doesn't show how much it cost. I thought I got it for ~$42, but it looks like they have it on sale for $64.95, so I guess I was wrong. Sorry about that. It says the normal price is 76 something, so maybe 65 bucks is a good deal at this point??

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts