Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

After doing a bit of research I'm going to do the following on my '07 Element:

Buy a 2nd RTB manifold and have it:
Flowbenched
Opened up at the inlet to 64 mm
Send it to either Endyn or Port Flow for porting or Extrude Hone for their process
Flowbenched a 2nd time

From there I will dyno test my stock '07 Element, then

Install the ported IM w/ a '04+ V6 Accord throttle body (64 mm, plug & play as it's drive by wire as well), & a Hondata K24 gasket
Dynotest my Element a 2nd time

Post results here.

This is going to take some time to get my stuff together but it will happen, and like a good scientist this will be controlled & documented to the best of my abilities. I would like for the E community to have some hard data as to what may or may not work in terms of modifying the K24A8, at least on the intake side.

If someone wants to commit to buying a 3rd RTB manifold and paying for the other porting service that I don't choose, I'll be happy to dyno test it on test day. Of course, after the testing you'll get the ported manifold you paid for.

If anyone has any other ideas to contribute or suggestions to make it a better/more thorough test, feel free to chime it.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Do you have a sense of what this whole upgrade will end up costing? Now that my warranty is expired I'm getting the performance jones but I don't have the budget for boost. A normally aspirated upgrade like this would be right up my alley.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coffee:

A 2nd RTB manifold should run $180 or so.

A V6 Accord throttle body should run $220 or so.

The Hondata intake gasket retails for $50.

The Extrude Hone process should run $450-ish. Endyn charges about the same for porting.

I will open up the inlet on the intake manifold myself.

The flow testing will be done by my friend on his Superflow 600. This will cost me lunch.

The dyno testing will cost about $100 per hour.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Have you considered doing the same test with an rbb? Since the RBB does not have the plastic box on the back, you may be able to squeeze a little more out of the porting. I happen to have one I didn't use in my build. PM me, maybe I can make this more worth it for you. Just do a before and after porting with the rbb. :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eyecarver,

Please bring me up to speed: which car does the RBB come stock on?

Do you have any pics vs. the RTB?

·
Registered
793 Posts
It is the 06+ TSX manifold... It is very comprable to the RTB, but with the plastic chamber, you may have a harder time getting it to flow better. The following threadhas mucho info on this subject.... Including full on picture comparison between the 2. I would believe the resonator chamber on the back would have to be reshaped to compliment the port job you get. I may be wrong though. It would provide more air from idle, but being a hole on the back of the mani it has to create some vorticies the would hinder its capability to flow its maximum potential. And BTW, I have the RTB manifold too, so sont buy anything from the dealer as I can save you some dough and need to get rid of the parts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eyecarver,

So is your RBB intake manifold a -A00 or a -000? I'm not sure there's much of a difference, but I just want to be sure.

E-mail me, please.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: Got the RBB intake and injector base. Will flow it during next week, then it's off to Endyn for porting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't get a chance to give you your due. Thanks for the quick ship! I love the "wrapping" paper you used! :D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I make a lot of custom pistons for Endyn, they order some cool stuff, a lot of high compression race motor stuff.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i don't know if you remember me lol, my name is Jimmy. Tall bald dark asian guy w/ a black da, well use to have a black da. I was close w/ robbie, and a bunch of other socal guys. my sn on g2ic was blackninja92. Good to hear from you again man, and as an element owner!

-Jimmy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Jimmy,

I remember you. Good to hear from you. Do you still hang out with Robbie?

Loc

·
Registered
320 Posts
ya man its been a long time, ya i still see him every now and then. probably a month or so ago. Robbie has an element too, but his motor had low compression in one cylinder so his is out of commission right now. Good luck w/ your plans. can't wait to see the outcome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts