1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last ones

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Transport Automotive exterior

Machine Furniture Metal

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
MaryBeth, good job!!!;-) Spotman, now after the update I really love it! Enjoy your camping trips. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Good good stuff!

·
Registered
29 Posts
That looks so inviting! My family used to camp and we carried the same water can as you have. I miss those days.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now where is that M16?:D
:cool:Oh, the M16... it is disguised as a Jelly Fish Eradicator, you can't see it till you need it.:evil: (along with the Glock)

Still kept some of the Military theme, with little things on the doors, but MaryBeth was uncomfortable sleeping in Cammie, so hence the Beach Scene. (we do live in Va. Beach) She is more relaxed, along with the little dog!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How do you sleep that close to an air conditioner? Do you wear ear plugs?
:lol:Huh, WHAT, I can't hear you................. no, seriously, it is not noisy at all, but it does drown out the outside noise from "rowdy" campers up late!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great!

It just needs to be GGM....

;-)
HC, I didn't want to clash with yours, got as close to it to keep it cool looking for the "Beach" atmosphere. :D

Bob

·
Registered
82 Posts
nice teardrop

-like the water can and louvered window, a subtle hint of military styling? Upbeat interior will always feel like a day at the beach.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
:cool:Oh, the M16... it is disguised as a Jelly Fish Eradicator, you can't see it till you need it.:evil: (along with the Glock)

Still kept some of the Military theme, with little things on the doors, but MaryBeth was uncomfortable sleeping in Cammie, so hence the Beach Scene. (we do live in Va. Beach) She is more relaxed, along with the little dog!
Looking good! Very well done.
Buddy (retired Marine) used to carry a Glock in his TD too, but some campgrounds and some States objected - plus he was a little afraid of hitting an un-intended target way behind what he would be shooting at in an emergency. Instead, started packing a copy of the old-west "Cowboy" Coach gun, like Wells Fargo drivers carried. 18 " double barrel 12 G. Great for snakes too. ;-)
Says it's the best home defense gun around.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Looking good! Very well done.
Buddy (retired Marine) used to carry a Glock in his TD too, but some campgrounds and some States objected - plus he was a little afraid of hitting an un-intended target way behind what he would be shooting at in an emergency. Instead, started packing a copy of the old-west "Cowboy" Coach gun, like Wells Fargo drivers carried. 18 " double barrel 12 G. Great for snakes too. ;-)
Says it's the best home defense gun around.

Yikes - one more reason to camp in a hard-sided teardrop: better odds against stray bullets.

I'm generally pro-NRA but am not keen on loaded guns in crowded campgrounds. If a child got hold of one, they and the neighbors could be in big trouble.

I make do with bear spray.

Stuff happens:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,546540,00.html

Pennsylvania Man Accidentally Fires Cannonball Into Neighbor's House

Friday, September 04, 2009

UNIONTOWN, Pa. — A Pennsylvania history buff who recreates firearms from old wars accidentally fired a 2-pound cannonball through the wall of his neighbor's home.

Fifty-four-year-old William Maser fired a cannonball Wednesday evening outside his home in Georges Township that ricocheted and hit a house 400 yards away.

The cannonball, about two inches in diameter, smashed through a window and a wall before landing in a closet. Authorities say nobody was hurt.
State police charged Maser with reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.

No one answered the phone Friday at Maser's home. He tells WPXI-TV recreating 19th century cannons is a longtime hobby. He says he is sorry and he will stop shooting them on his property, about 35 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.

:)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Yikes - one more reason to camp in a hard-sided teardrop: better odds against stray bullets.

I'm generally pro-NRA but am not keen on loaded guns in crowded campgrounds. If a child got hold of one, they and the neighbors could be in big trouble.

I make do with bear spray.

Stuff happens:
Loaded with rock-salt, friend has used it to scare off one angry bear who was debating with him on who's food cooler was who's, and one big wild boar who thought he shouldn't be camping in his woods :)

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Loaded with rock-salt, friend has used it to scare off one angry bear who was debating with him on who's food cooler was who's, and one big wild boar who thought he shouldn't be camping in his woods :)

Big wild boars could scare me completely off camping!

The teardrop will keep me safe from rock-salt so that's okay.

So long as it doesn't mar the paint job.

:)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not to get too much into dragging the "Gun" thing out, but being an NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, concealed card carrying law abiding citizen, it is just a habit of carrying my tools with me most of the time. At no time will the weapon (if brought with me) be produced for any show and tell. :D

I do have the "Home Defense" model Mossberg 410, that stays in the house for any type of emergency. Also, remember, all gun owners should have gun locks while unattended. A gun is only as safe as the person using it.:cool:

Bob

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Big wild boars could scare me completely off camping!
Wouldn't be camping much in Texas, then. :smile:

Over-run with them. Some wise guy thought it would be a good idea to set up a hunting preserve with imported russian boars years ago - 'course some escaped, and now inter-breeding like crazy with the local feral pigs. Parks and Wildlife estimates two million in Texas alone. Though in most campgrounds you will only see Peccaries or Javelinas wandering around.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts