Honda Element Owners Club banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

· Registered
289 Posts
The headlamp warning chime will sound anytime the door is opened with the headlamp circuit energized when the key is out of the ignition. When you use the remote to lock or unlock the vehicle, the headlamp circuit is pulsed to give you visual confirmation of the command that you entered with the keyfob. You are occasionally opening the door while this confirmation pulse is occurring, and hearing the warning chime as a result. No worries.

· Registered
32 Posts
The headlamp warning chime will sound anytime the door is opened with the headlamp circuit energized when the key is out of the ignition. When you use the remote to lock or unlock the vehicle, the headlamp circuit is pulsed to give you visual confirmation of the command that you entered with the keyfob. You are occasionally opening the door while this confirmation pulse is occurring, and hearing the warning chime as a result. No worries.
Thanks HT, that's what I thought was occurring, but you stated it much more eloquent than I.

Thanks again.

· Registered
38 Posts
single ping type nose when I open the driver door

When I unlock and open my drivers door using the keyless entry the New E makes a sound like I left the headlights on or the key in the ignition. The ring is cut short and it only does it once. Is my E just saying hello or is this weird?

· Registered
1,510 Posts
Your parking lights flash twice when you do the keyless entry. You are hearing the "Lights On" chime as it completes it's warning when you open the door. (It only sounds as the lights are cycled on...and it is a bit annoying.)

· Registered
2,409 Posts
When i use the remote to unlock the car, then open the door, i notice a beeping sound. Only lasts a second or two, maybe two or three beeps, then it stops.
Anyone else notice this? Any input?
Yes. The car flashes the lights when you use the remote to unlock the car. If the door is open while the lights are on and the car is not running, it sounds a warning chime. Hence, you're hearing the lights-on warning chime.

· Registered
828 Posts
I noticed that too but I can only think it's because I'm unlocking the car too close, i.e. standing right next to it. I don't think it makes the beeps while I'm a good distance away, it's weird and I wonder what causes it. I always that it was the E telling me I'm too close while using the FOB to unlock the car lol

· Registered
98 Posts
Getting "lights on" warning chime when opening driver's door?

Had my element for a little over a week now and I'm starting to notice something wierd.

Occasionally when I enter the car I hear about half a second of the "you left your headlights on chime" when I open the door. It chimes very briefly, then goes off by itself without me doing anything else.

I'm using the keyfob to wireless unlock the door before I go in. I haven't actually used the mechanical key to open the door yet.

Is this "normal" to occasionally hear the chime when opening the door, or is something unusual going on?

The answer is here in this thread.

· Registered
828 Posts
At first I thought the ding dong sound was made because I pressed the unlock button when I too close to the E and it didn't like it. I never heard it when I unlocked the E from afar. It makes sense that it's the lights being on ding dong sound lol.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.