Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Glad to see that the rocking driver's seat wasn't just me. Has anyone experienced a predictable knocking or rattling noise emanating from the rear, especially when taking tight corners/turns or when the rear wheels go over speed bumps? I've investigated the seat belts, panels, rear seats, etc. to no avail. I suspect maybe the rear upper hatch. Anyone know? Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yep, that ones started for me too. I'm starting to see why the car was given a 240 watt stereo :evil:

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
>>>>I've investigated the seat belts, panels, rear seats, etc.<<<<

check the spare tire hatch???... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
It's the rear hinges and tack welds having too much stress on them. I just had mine fixed at Penske Honda Indy and that's what they told me it was. since then no problems. I thought it was my rear roof top but it made no difference whether it was opened or closed. They got it right this time. Many people are having the same problem and seems like the word just isn't getting out in these forums. Maybe the administrator will do a main page alert on the problem and the fix.

·
Registered
273 Posts
does this seem to be a problem only for the awd models, or are the 2wd's also affected?... :shock:

·
Registered
299 Posts
A FAQ on the small glitches would be nice, like the rocking seat, rattles, and windshield. I think those are the main ones?

On the rocking seat, I'm thinking mine is starting to do something like that, front to back, at only 450 miles. Does that sound like it?

·
Registered
150 Posts
should someone that has not noticed any of these sounds/problems (namely me) take their E back to the dealer just to check these things out? Prevent it before it happens?? :?:

·
Registered
2 Posts
:? Good question Tapestry. My E is on order and will be here the first week of September. I'm wordering if I should make sure the dealer resolves these issues before I drive it off the lot.

·
Registered
66 Posts
woohoo!!! i was starting to feel left out reading about all the little (some big) troubles people were having with their e's. i've got the not so mysterious rear knocking. i hear a creaking knock during harder turns and even during little turns after she's been sitting for a while. up until now my only problems have been with the accessories dept. and with the tax&tags guys. i thought i was looking at a boring, rainy, house-cleaning saturday but... fun fun fun!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts