Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Element hasn't started in over 2 years despite numerous attempts, but yesterday it just started right up and I have no idea why. This same exact thing happened before about 3 years ago, here is what's been going on...

One day the car just wouldn't start, it would turn over and intermittently cough... it would also cough when I would release the key. I have check the timing chain for a jumped tooth and replaced a few sensors (don't remember which ones at this point). Tried starter fluid and nothing different happened. When it happened the first time I started driving the car again for about 6 months, but one day it just wouldn't start again. The only common thread between both times this happened is that it was a cold day... the first time about 2deg F, and the last time about 24F. It started like there was no issue and I drove it around a bit and it ran fine.

Would appreciate any thoughts

Thanks, Bryan

·
Registered
154 Posts
Condensation in gas tank? When i park mine for long periods, i top it off, changes in temp can pull water out of the air. Water freezes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well if starter fluid won’t make her fire, then it’s most likely an ignition problem. Maybe a crank sensor or a loose wire somewhere?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts