Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sweetie, The Fork, found this in the driveway while Kiwi and I were out. It's a thick rubber ring. Looks like a donut, but not as tasty. It sure looks like it belongs on a car! But where? On the Element? Has anyone ever seen this part? The correct answer wins bragging rights. Thanks.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks almost like an exhaust hangar.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Agreed, looks like exhaust hanger isolator. Look under the E and shake exhaust (when cool);-) and look for excessive movement at one of the hanger locations. I'd name that part Wally, but that's just me.:D werD:confused:

·
12,180 Posts
I just looked in the parts cataloge and there isn't anything on the E's exaust that looks that that. Had any visitors over lately? Could have come off someone elses car?

·
Registered
616 Posts
1986 Kohler faucet washer

Hmmmm.... I would surmise from the fact that the OD=2.5" with 9/16" wall that it came from a Kohler faucet circa 1986.:smile:

Has the plumber been over to "visit" while you were away?

Actually it looks like a motorcycle drain plug o ring or oil filter gasket/ o ring

·
Registered
523 Posts
Most definitely not related to the exhaust. I just changed mine out this weekend and was fighting those darn hangers. THey are about 1" thick, 4" long and have two small holes for the mounting and a hole in the middle. I would say it either fell off the car because it was picked up along the road, or it just blew onto the driveway.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
It's the thingamajig that goes on the thingamobob that sits right on top of the oscillomagneto mumbo-jumbo discombobulator.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
These are all good answers, but I don't think it's from the plumbing, or the Harley... but wait - maybe it's from The Fork's Civic! Nah - it would have to have rolled uphill... Still.... hmmm.... She won't be back until tomorrow, so I'll have to wait to have a look at her rear end.

Basset Box may have something in the "maybe it just blew onto the driveway" theory.

So far the most plausible explanation comes from Snuffleupagus.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, and by the way, the ring is not flat. The rubber is round, as I said, like a donut. Or for you New Yorkers, a delicious bagel.

·
12,180 Posts
one of your neighbours could have planted it there to mess with you.

I used to do that to my buddy when he bought a new mustang back in 87. i would leave puddles of oil and anti freeze under his car. Since i was the one doing all his regular maintenance at the time he would bring it to me and we would put it up in the air and not see any leaks. Drove him nuts he was sure his car was leaking something.

·
Registered
140 Posts
one of your neighbours could have planted it there to mess with you.

I used to do that to my buddy when he bought a new mustang back in 87. i would leave puddles of oil and anti freeze under his car. Since i was the one doing all his regular maintenance at the time he would bring it to me and we would put it up in the air and not see any leaks. Drove him nuts he was sure his car was leaking something.
That sounds almost as bad as the prank we used to play. Old aircooled VW's have those nice hubcaps that are easy to pop off and put a rock inside. The sound drives the owner of the vehicle nuts wondering what rattled loose! ok, mean I know, but super funny:lol:

·
12,180 Posts
That sounds almost as bad as the prank we used to play. Old aircooled VW's have those nice hubcaps that are easy to pop off and put a rock inside. The sound drives the owner of the vehicle nuts wondering what rattled loose! ok, mean I know, but super funny:lol:
Taping a small box of nuts and bolts or marbles up behind the glove box is another one of my favorites. If you hide it in the right spot they won't find it unless they start taking the dash apart to find the rattle.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, there's no rattles or loose parts. I'll hang onto it just in case I need a really small tire.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts