Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay all,

Long time listener, first time caller here. I was under my 03 element today and noticed the part the the front and rear drive shafts connect into, the rubber bushing around the bearing is all torn up and just sitting loose in there in the mounting bracket. What would you suppose the name of this part is so I can order a new one? Let me know. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry. It's a 2003 awd 5 speed manual. Yes I want the part to replace myself. The part is the one where the front and rear drive shaft connect to mid way down the underbody. What is the name of this so I can find a replacement. Let me know element gods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah I guess a picture is worth a thousand words....hopefully. Sorry for my vagueness. Here is an image.

So in reference for those playing the home game:

Trans---------------||---------------Rear Diff
:lol:
Part I need

I hope this is helpful. Would like to order something tomorrow and get it replaced as the front drive shaft is getting a little banged up. :)

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Propeller shaft bushing/mount from the looks of it.
Al already kinda beat me to it by brining up the hondaautomotiveparts.com page.
Doesn't look like you can buy this thing by itself. Might have to bit the bullet on this one and buy a whole new assembly. :-(

I just looked at the checker website and they only list cv axles. Nothing for propeller shaft.
You can give the guys at raxles.com a call and see what they say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doh! Seems incredibly dumb that they wouldn't make this a part you can buy. If you could its a fairly quick fix. I'm not sure how the bushing got damaged but its pretty much gone, thats for sure. Well if anyone knows if this is a replaceable part that would be awesome. What do entire propeller shafts run btw? I guess I could check for myself couldn't I? :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not being familiar with Hondas famous nomenclature, the regular automotive world calls that part a “Carrier Bearing”. Look under any box truck, dual wheel tractor (trailer) etc., and you’ll see a variation of that pieces part….. not how to R&R it is beyond me. Rick

* 2009 PMM EX NAV 4wd * EOC Decal * AVS Bug shield * WeatherTech window deflectors * Side Steps *

1 - 13 of 13 Posts