Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read most posts here and everywhere....looking if anyone has "direct" comparsions on these 3 tires in winter driving conditions, and life expectancy.
1.Nokinan WR or WRG-2 (right now my 2nd choice only due to $$)
2.Yokohama Geolander ATS (leaning too this one-aggressive and lwr $)
3.Cooper Discoverer CTS (shop rec. for value and needs)
Thanks for any help getting me to decide.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Several members run the Yokohama Geolander ATS tires. They all appear to like them. I have driven a E with those tires on it for a short time. I found nothing wrong with them. But I only had it for 3 hours while mine was in for a door seal under warranty.

I like the Nokians, as I'm sure you know if you read this forum. I'm sold on the solid handling in all weather conditions. They are also not as noisy as the stock tires.

Dom

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Dom, I did see your favorable opinions on the Nokains. I like them very much (at least what I read, but to me the Geolanders seem to have a more agressive snow pattern and they are a bit (not alot-I know) cheaper.
The Coopers I only found 5 reviews on..they dont look bad but they don't appear as agressive as the Nokians or Geos. I know the rubber compound also comes into play.

·
Registered
541 Posts
we put the CTS' on my girls E a few months back..... 70K mile tire and cost $500 for all 4 mounted/balanced/installed.... loving them so far.
I love Cooper tires. We have the M+S on our steelies & the CS4's on our Camry...
Good luck with your decision...

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
I don't know the price of the Yoko's but the Nokian's have actually come down in price at some places. I found them at the local STS Tire Center for $134/ea installed in the stock size. Getting them this week. Will be my third set of Nokian's on the Element, the first 2 sets were WR SUVs. This set will be WR G2 SUVs.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
tire rack has Blizzaks on blow out.... recently picked up a set of 4...... just had them mounted today & can't wait to swap them onto the Element....gotta love havin two sets of the same wheels....hahhahaha

they sold out..........nevermind.....but they do have firestone winterstorms for $67 each....

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we put the CTS' on my girls E a few months back..... 70K mile tire and cost $500 for all 4 mounted/balanced/installed.... loving them so far.
I love Cooper tires. We have the M+S on our steelies & the CS4's on our Camry...
Good luck with your decision...
I can get the CTS for just over $400 after $75 rebate. Not sure if I'm conviced they'd do well in winter though??

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O.k. I guess I can put and end to this for this year. Unexpectedly yesterday one of my fellow firefighters heard I was looking for tires. He stops by and says that he has a set of 4 studded snows that were on his wifes van for 1/2 of last winter. They are selling the van and the tires are in his garage and he wants them gone. I picked them up for $50. :D:D
This works out great cause my crappy Goodyears can get thru next spring/summer no problem, then I will be buying some new All-Seasons.

·
Registered
590 Posts
my vote is for the WR/WRG2 or Discoverer ATR's over the CTS if it were my choice. never been a Yok fan, nothing bad, but we don't have a good distributor locally, and never got any help from Yok trying to sort out issues with customers.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Just ordered a set of Firestone Winterforce tires. Getting them studded also for that super bad ass winter grip.
$67 a pop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts