Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a 2000 mile road trip (round trip) to the NC mountains. Stayed in the Stecoah Gap / Nantahala area. The Element handled the mountains great. Even some steep climbs up the driveway. I had the low tank at 21mpg and the high tank at 28. Overall averaged about 23-24. Here is a pic on the side of the road.
Cheers,
Walt

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
Nantahala...man, I love that area, hanging out at the NOC, doing some biking & paddling. Hope your drove the dragon's tail. Always wanted to go back and do it with the E...as compared to a pickup full of camping gear. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Born in Franklin, NC and lived in Asheville, NC for about 36 years. Those pics remind me of home. Beautiful place!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi tkobrian,
I got to ride tsali a few times this time around. No paddling this time, but we spent plenty of time at the NOC. The last time I rode the TOD was with the wife about 5 years ago, but now we have a 4 year old and it changes the way we have fun in a different direction.

nm1068, you are fortunate to have grown up in that area. We have been going up there for about 12 years and never get sick of it.

Thanks for all the comments.
Cheers,
Walt

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, very beautiful area, but not many jobs and very expensive! Now I live at the beach. One extreme to the other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts