Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can some one tell me if the dealers let you build an ex the way i want it or are they only selling stock vehicles , also what are some of the best discounts offered?

·
Registered
352 Posts
One of the ways Honda holds down costs is by offering "trim levels" i.e. DX, EX etc. These trim are fixed at the factory and cannot be changed. In these trim levels your choices for how it will be delivered to the dealership are limited i.e. color, automatic vs manual gearbox, cloth vs leather interior. When it arrives at the dealership, that's when you can "personalize" your vehicle. All of Hondas option are dealer installed items. This actually give you the negotiating power on your car. The dealerships will usually charge MSRP for accessories and charge you for installation. What you can do to help in your negotiations is download the prices of the accessories you want such as from H and A. These prices are substantially lower than the dealer prices, so this gives you some leverage in your deal. If you have the desire to install themself and they are usually very easy to install you can save even more. As far as pricing of the vehicle is concerned, it all depends in which market you're located. On both coasts, it seems there aren't very many "deals" out there due to the high demand of this car. In the midwest, I have seen them discounted as much as $1000 on the high end cars. Due to the popularity of the Element, if you can get a $200 to $700 discount on the car, consider yourself lucky. Many people have been charged over sticker. Good luck in your search!!! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts