Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am thinking of doing a little get away on a Monday-Tuesday in the next week or two. Since my work schedule is a crazy one without a normal weekend thats about all I can do but I need to get away.

Where is a good place to camp for a night along the BRP in NC. I am familiar with the Blue Ridge Parkway as I have rode my Harley on it many times and lots of the awesome mountain roads around it but I have never set up camp.

So its time to load up the E for its first trip:) Any help/info is appreciated. Just looking for a good inexpensive overnighter. Also anyone in the area want to meet up along the way shout out.

Thanks,

·
Registered
348 Posts
Really depends at what milepost you're looking to jump on and off - the parkway is over 350 miles long.

We regularly stay at Peaks of Otter (MP61) and Rocky Knob (MP167.5)...

Doughton Park is around 240MP and Crabtree is another 100miles up the parkway...all four parks are state operated a very nice.

Here's some recent info, but once you're on the parkway, stop in at a rest area and pick up a copy of the "Carolina Connections Magazine"...: http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/camping.htm

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I will look into those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts