Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to mount 18x8 wheels with a +50 offset. In the rear, the wheels without the tire it about a millimeter away from hitting the back of the wheel well. Is this going to be a problem when i mount tires?

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
haha but really
Let me ask you this: Do you think the rim will flex more than 1mm when
you take a sharp turn??

You should get an offset that is close to stock or smaller. The E is at +45.
Depending on how wide the rim is and how wide your tires are, if you are
lowered, all that will add to what offset you can get away with.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
it may be time for spacers.
just make sure they're hubcentric and that you still have enough stud exposed for the lugnuts. that generally means about 5 or 6mm max. after that you'll either need longer studs or spacers w/ built-in studs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it may be time for spacers.
just make sure they're hubcentric and that you still have enough stud exposed for the lugnuts. that generally means about 5 or 6mm max. after that you'll either need longer studs or spacers w/ built-in studs.
Thanks I think I'm gonna go with the spacers

·
Registered
562 Posts
lugs are 12mm I think, 12 x1.5 maybe, but don't quote me on it. I have 18x8 +50 that I am going with 235 55 18 and lowering on tein basics. hopefully have time to put it all on this fall, so keep us updated on how you work everything out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up just getting new lugs. So the the wheels cleared everything fine I was just getting worried for no reason haha. My tires are 225/60/18 by the way. Here are some pictures...Sorry about the dirty car and I know I need center caps.

·
Registered
562 Posts
looks real good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts